Any news on FSA battle?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

cincydave

Any news on FSA battle?

Post by cincydave »

Collin, what is the status of the battle with Fairfield Sportsmen Association on concealed carry? I know it is a trade between principle and being held hostage by insurance carriers. Any news?
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I'm not Collin, but have friends and family who are FSA members. The present board members there are not about to rescind this policy best I can see. That leaves an "internal coup" as one option for club members. Meaning "throw the bums out" at the next election, not an armed insurrection, btw. :wink:

In the interim, I'm boycotting the place by not attending matches there, and recommending other clubs to any area folks who ask me for advice.

On a related note, was at Clinton Co. farmers and Sportsmans club Sunday. On the clubhouse entry is a sign saying "Please leave concealed handguns holstered when entering", or words to that effect. makes a LOT more sense from my chair...

Brian
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
collin

Post by collin »

No news yet. I do know that plenty of members are ticked at the board. I find it somewhat bizarre that a gun club like FSA can be anti-gun.
jhfenton

Post by jhfenton »

Brian D. wrote:I'm not Collin....
I often get the two of you confused. :)
Brian D. wrote:On a related note, was at Clinton Co. farmers and Sportsmans club Sunday. On the clubhouse entry is a sign saying "Please leave concealed handguns holstered when entering", or words to that effect. makes a LOT more sense from my chair...
That's a great sign. It address the only issue that really matters.

John
PowerMac

Post by PowerMac »

This is the first I've heard of this! An anti-gun gun club? :?
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

I am one of those very ticked FSA members.

The hypocritical idiocy of some board members is amazing. FSA teaches CCW classes but then does not trust those same people to CCW on their property.

I joined Middletown Sportsmen's Club a few months ago and I really like it there. I doubt that I will send in membership dues to FSA for next year.