Indiana laws, Ohio CHL

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jerk28

Indiana laws, Ohio CHL

Post by jerk28 »

I did a search, most recent was from about 10 months ago, so here goes.
What should I know about the Indiana CCW laws?
Would I have duty to inform?
What kinds of alchahol serving establishments can I enter? Can I also consume?
Hospital carry? (Going to see my new neice/nephew)
Other differences from ohio I should know.
Thanks
jerk
Livin' the D-R-E-A-M

"Statistics always remind me of fellow who drowned in a river where the average depth was only three feet." Woody Hayes
hershey

Re: Indiana laws, Ohio CHL

Post by hershey »

i will recount my indiana experiences..... they just don't care too much about it, i have had 3 traffic stops in indiana and never has it been an issue. my standard practice anymore is i hand them my ccw card w/ my drivers license and ask them to acknowledge the card before proceeding, no issue's ever, they treated it as old news, no big deal, just hand it back to me and continue on w/ the traffic stop.
God loves you......... yep, even on them days too.

Are you missing me yet? - George Bush
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Try here:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/indiana.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
rickt
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rickt »

Need that FAQ.
1911nut

Post by 1911nut »

After living there for ten years and being here for three, I'm not sure of any changes but I'll do my best.

No "duty" to inform but if you are stopped do it as a courtesy to the officer, you don't have to use the "I'm a Jew" (by law, sir, I am required to inform you I am a Jew (carrying a firearm)) line but just hand them your DL, Reg, Insurance and, CCW. It will actually make the stop smother, in case they spot your weapon.

Other than that go wherever, do whatever, with obvious exceptions courthouse, Don's Guns, any place that you may find that is actually posted.
But what do I know, I'm just a high school educated security officer.