Question

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Willy P

Post by Willy P »

From what I understood of my CCW class the instructor ( an LEO trainer of trainers ) put it that dumping a can of Fox on someone is pretty much like your being able enough to physically defend yourself with your hands or something like a rolled up magazine/kubaton and WAY less than shooting one or all, I am sure you can't get crazy with the use of OC spray but within reason that is where it falls legally . Stick around and accept resposability and FILE CHARGES against the other person/persons.
STUGOTSIG

Post by STUGOTSIG »

Willy P wrote: Stick around and accept resposability and FILE CHARGES against the other person/persons.
I certainly would! Just wanted to know the severity of O.C.ing someone worthy of it. My wife and I both carry the Fox in 2 oz. Can be cumbersome with the 220, and spare mag paddle.
Thanks WillyP
Harlie

Post by Harlie »

"What if's" are great for disscussion and speculation. But there are no correct answers for each, in that the people invovled don't always have options. Being in my sixties and in good health, I can utilize many options, where if accompnied by my spouse, options change drastically. Most likely I'd not say any thing to antagonize, if carrying, but if the situation developed to the point of my withdrawing to my vehicle (Sanctuary) and was still challenged/threatened, it's "Katy, bar the door".
I find it difficult to think any one would want to be invovled in a possible fatal encounter, yet we must consider the scenerio's and possible responses. Disparity of Force wasn't mentioned, weapons not always required to justify a armed response. Size, numbers, age, threat level all come into play. As does endangering others not invovled or threatening. Pizza Hut incident should have ended w/a deceased 300# gene pool contributor, IMHO.
Keep a keen mind, eye and edge.
INFIDEL, armed, angry and unapolegetic
Ole man from Thunder Mtn
Politicians & diapers should be changed often, both for the same reason
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

HarliePizza wrote: Hut incident should have ended w/a deceased 300# gene pool contributor, IMHO.
Did anyone but me see that video? It was on the news a few months back. It was a clear cut example of when to deploy deadly force. The beater was obviously drunk, and he was literally trying to kill the smaller guy with his fists. He did cause a couple of facial fractures.

I think I may still have that video file on my computer at home. I'll see if I can find it.
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

I've seen it. It was a pretty bad beating.
When the goin' gets tough, the tough go cyclic.

Happiness is a crew served weapon.