CCW in Indiana?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

Geezah, the sweet thing about Indiana is that they rcognize a license to carry from any or ANY OTHER COUNTRY. If you have a license to carry in the Czech Republic (I met a cool guy in a Prague gun store who did) then it is recognized in Indiana and you can carry there. You don't even have to be a resident alien in the US. You could just be visiting for a few days.
When the goin' gets tough, the tough go cyclic.

Happiness is a crew served weapon.
Geezah

Post by Geezah »

Brian_Horton wrote:Geezah, the sweet thing about Indiana is that they rcognize a license to carry from any or ANY OTHER COUNTRY. If you have a license to carry in the Czech Republic (I met a cool guy in a Prague gun store who did) then it is recognized in Indiana and you can carry there. You don't even have to be a resident alien in the US. You could just be visiting for a few days.
I'm extremely pleased about this, my Old Man was over for 6wks towards the end of winter, and he kept on making a point about it wasn't worth my time to carry as I would have to take it off when going into Indiana(he stayed between my brothers and my place). Now I can poo poo his statements next time he's here. He lived in Hamburg, Germany for a few years as a consultant and I think he got a bad case of the Eurowussies.
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

Geezah wrote: He lived in Hamburg, Germany for a few years as a consultant and I think he got a bad case of the Eurowussies.
Sorry to hear. That perhaps in time you can show him the light of truth.

appliance brad

Post by appliance brad »

netphoenix wrote:The only screwy thing I've found is in Michigan; you cannot carry in "A tavern where the primary source of income is the sale of alcoholic liquor by the glass consumed on the premises".

I don't know how Michigan defines a "Tavern" or how a citizen is supposed to confidently know an establishment's primary source of income; i.e. a sports bar....
-Chris
Chris, it's actually pretty easy. If it says "Bar" or "Tavern" on the outside or uses those words in the name, it's off limits. We were quite perplexed at first with how to tell on the 50% part. It's not been an issue at all. Just don't consume alcohol while dining and stay out of places with names like Joe's Bar or Andy's Tavern and you are fine.
Alcohol, tobacco, firearms and explosives should be a 24/7 convenience store, not a government agency.

www.firearmsalliance.org
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

Brad has some good advice on the subject. Another way to look at it is, do people go there to eat or to drink? If the majority of the patrons are there for a meal (even if they are drinking) then you can carry. If the majority of the patrons are there just to drink then you cannot carry. Most folks can tell the difference between a restaurant that has a bar and serves alcohol and a place that is just a bar.

Mad Duck

Post by Mad Duck »

Follow Indiana laws when in Indiana.
I have carried there also, & it is a lot easier
netphoenix

Post by netphoenix »

appliance brad wrote:Chris, it's actually pretty easy. If it says "Bar" or "Tavern" on the outside or uses those words in the name, it's off limits. We were quite perplexed at first with how to tell on the 50% part.
Yeah; it was the "Sports Bar" example where it can get cloudy. If you're familiar with the place it's easy. The rule of thumb you offered is how I've been handling it. It's safe!

-Chris