What does it mean???

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

G-19

What does it mean???

Post by G-19 »

I was on packing.org and noticed that at the bottom of the Ohio info there are a bunch of cities that seem to have enacted laws that remove the right to carry. Does this mean that I would be breaking the law if I carried in those areas? I thought the state law overroad city ordanances, am I wrong on this? I don't generally go to these cities but you never know.
Glock and dagger

Post by Glock and dagger »

I'm not sure, but I am willing to fight it in court.
I'm Glock and Dagger and I approved this message.

"If it deprives just one citizen of their God-given rights, it's not worth it."
-evan price

FOOTOS... the Fresh Fighter
RockinB

Post by RockinB »

Ironic isn't it? The cities where a person needs the ability to defend themselves the most, are the cities that want to legislate against the right to do so.
The Tail Goes Along With The Hide.
"REMEMBER THE ALAMO"
What one generation tolerates, the next one embraces.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

RockinB wrote:Ironic isn't it? The cities where a person needs the ability to defend themselves the most, are the cities that want to legislate against the right to do so.
But, in fact, that's what makes those cities so unsafe -- they've disarmed those who would obey and uphold the law and left the disobedient and criminals with the only weapons. Now the police say they are outgunned. No kidding, that's because there is no "posse" of honest citizens to back them up.
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

The state law prempts local laws. No city can out right ban CCW. They are however trying to ban CCW in local parks and some cities have regulations on the types of guns and mags you can have. We need to enact a statewide preemption law and if we can do away with the "home rule" part of Ohio's constitution. Did you know that we are one of only 3 states in the US that still have home rule?
When the goin' gets tough, the tough go cyclic.

Happiness is a crew served weapon.
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Mark:

IANAL, but other than Columbus' new AWB, the other laws have been pre-empted by HB12. The Columbus law is currently being challenged in court. Toledo's Open Carry ban is also in court. I suppose the others could get you into court, too, but so far nothing's happened.

I suppose it is ironic that the places where you'd want to carry the most are still potentially off-limits, but this is the intent of those who would enslave us, as are the various poison pills in HB12.

Keep that in mind at Election time....

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
G-19

Post by G-19 »

I hope OFCC will post a list of pro-canidates close to election time.