? about getting CCW

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

turbodohc20

? about getting CCW

Post by turbodohc20 »

Hi, This is my first post. I've just decided to get a CCW. I printed the aplication from my local sherriff departments site and I had a question. I know before I turn the app in I need to take the CC course. Before I take the course I want to make sure I'm eligable for the CCW before wasting my money. About 6 years ago I was charged with misdeamenor drug abuse :oops: . Will this effect me getting the license? I know it says something about drug abuse preventing you from getting the license but the way I read it, it is for felonies or MM that were accompinied by felonies. Can anyone help me out with this? If you visit the link below and check out page 11, that is where I read this.
thanks,

http://www.ag.state.oh.us/web_applicati ... 319-72.pdf
gkopp

Post by gkopp »

http://www.ohioccw.org/modules.php?name ... licants#62

Any drug offense is a disqualifier.
turbodohc20

Post by turbodohc20 »

Wow, that is BS. You can have assualt charges, Resisting arrest, but get caught with a J 5 years ago and your screwed for life? That fair. :x
PowerMac

Post by PowerMac »

turbodohc20 wrote:Wow, that is BS. You can have assualt charges, Resisting arrest, but get caught with a J 5 years ago and your screwed for life? That fair. :x
:x This is yet another reason I am against the "war on drugs." It's unjust and it's phony because it's increased drug use and violent crime.
CurtInOhio

Post by CurtInOhio »

I'm just curious, but is there a way to get a record expunged after a certain timeframe, especially on a misdemeanor?
Curt M
turbodohc20

Post by turbodohc20 »

I would like to know as well :)
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

I am sure there is a way to have it expunged and sealed. I have heard stories of people doing the same thing for different reasons. If you really want to do this you are going to have to get yourself a lawyer.
Daniel
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Ok, but...

Post by Daniel »

Even expungements must be revealed on your CHL application.
Daniel White
NRA Training Counselor
Northcoast Firearms Training

We must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless. - Jeff Snyder
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Re: Ok, but...

Post by Petrovich »

Cable wrote:Even expungements must be revealed on your CHL application.
Yep, happened in Muskingum county.