Ohio CHL not accepted at Walgreen

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

charles1198

Re: Ohio CHL not accepted at Walgreen

Post by charles1198 »

Titanium wrote:
I thought the same thing. But, I was sicker than a dog and needed to be able to function. The receipt even listed how much I had purchased and told me how much more I was legally allowed to get. I'm guessing most of the bigger chains are doing the same thing.
Any place that sells psudoephedrine is supposed to be doing it. I think they can have a paper ledger if they don't have the ability to go electronic.

Be sure to stay under the monthly limit...you wouldn't want the Sudafed police to show up on your doorstep. :P

Seriously, this is one of the stupidest laws I've seen in a while. If I plan everything just so, I can pay for things at Wal-Mart at 4 different locations -- pharmacy, sporting goods, electronics and the main register. :lol:
Ohio Medical Reserve Corps -- volunteer today!

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." -- President George Washington
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re:

Post by schmieg »

hardwarz wrote: BTW, I have a pet peeve. People that show their miltary IDs. I never showed my military ID off base. It's not a valid form of ID anywhere. These young guys want special privilages because they are in the military, but I was in and never expected anything. I'm kinda annoyed with the spoiled younger generation. (and I'm only 36 y/o) When I was a manager, I'd let the military guys/girls in with a military ID, but I'd also say that Ohio law states that they can not use it for purchase of alcohol. Sometimes I'd get an, "OH... ok... thanks" And sometimes I'd get, {deleted - JK}! I'm in the military." So was I....

Hardwarz
Don't know how it is now, but back when I was in (60's & 70's) you needed to show your military ID to validate an expired Ohio Driver's License since the license technically did not expire as long as you were on active duty, but it didn't show that on its face. There were a couple of times when the police had to check with headquarters to verify that the Ohio license was good as long as it was accompanied by a valid military ID.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

could also simply be the policy of the particular pharmacy. Employees typically do have to abide by what their employer says to do..

As for swiping the drivers license, we discussed that a while back.. [url=ttp://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35057&p=422021&hilit=mag+stripe#p422021]Here[/url] is the relevant post.

If you are concerned just run a magnet back and forth across the stripe a couple times to erase it. Problem solved..
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
docpadds

Re:

Post by docpadds »

phirehawk wrote:I believe you also must be a US citizen to obtain one.
Not the case, i had my license for some time while still a green card holder, indeed i even got my FFL while still not a citizen.
https://t.me/pump_upp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
charles1198

Post by charles1198 »

Bruenor wrote:
If you are concerned just run a magnet back and forth across the stripe a couple times to erase it. Problem solved..
Not really. The pharmacy will then have to enter all the info in by hand if you really want that Sudafed. It's the law.
Ohio Medical Reserve Corps -- volunteer today!

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." -- President George Washington
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

charles1198 wrote:
Bruenor wrote:
Not really. The pharmacy will then have to enter all the info in by hand if you really want that Sudafed. It's the law.
It seemed that they were objecting to the swiping of the card.. Some people object since they don't know exactly what info is contained on that mag -stripe. (Do you know what the cryptic unidentified 10 digit number is ??). at least if they (The pharmacy) enter it manually you know they can't enter anything you can't see on the License.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson