CPZ Task Force

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Scott

CPZ Task Force

Post by Scott »

Thinking out loud here again--

The anti crowd has its gangs running around talking to store owners and managers, telling them what a good idea it would be for them to ban firearms from their venues. All we do is talk to the same people on an individual case by case basis. Would we be any more effective if we had a team going around armed with talking points and Pro-CCW signage to give away?
Blip!
williampelish
*** Banned ***

Post by williampelish »

where did you get this info Scott?

Will
Scott

Post by Scott »

williampelish wrote:where did you get this info Scott?

Will
I thought I had seen it on a site someone here had posted a link to about a week ago--I'm still looking for it, but I did find this:
http://www.ocagv.org/ Go to the bottom and click on "Concealed Carry Information" On a similar page, I was certain that I saw something that indicated activists were to use/continue using this information supplied to talk to business owners in their areas.
Blip!
williampelish
*** Banned ***

Post by williampelish »

You know Toby Hoover should change the name of her group to Ohioians Against Criminal Violence. Then maybe her cause might be worth-while even if it would be full of BS. NAW! She would still be Toby Hoover the Liar!

Will
Glock and dagger

Post by Glock and dagger »

You know Toby Hoover should change the name of her group to Ohioians Against Criminal Violence
Ohio Coalition FOR Gun Violence.

The OCAGV's goal is really a lot like having sex for the purpose of seeking virginity.
I'm Glock and Dagger and I approved this message.

"If it deprives just one citizen of their God-given rights, it's not worth it."
-evan price

FOOTOS... the Fresh Fighter
BB62

Re: CPZ Task Force

Post by BB62 »

Scott wrote:Thinking out loud here again--

The anti crowd has its gangs running around talking to store owners and managers, telling them what a good idea it would be for them to ban firearms from their venues. All we do is talk to the same people on an individual case by case basis. Would we be any more effective if we had a team going around armed with talking points and Pro-CCW signage to give away?
I like the idea of carrying signs (and maybe open carrying) around areas well known to be CPZ/VZ's - especially the ones designated so by our enlightened legislature. The signs would read, for instance, "WARNING - entering Criminal Empowerment Zone" (or Victim Zone - etc).

Check out the few restrictions on our neighbors to the south (KY) - where obviously LOTS of blood is running in the streets (and places which serve alcohol), so we sure wouldn't want to emulate THEM!

(from packing.org)
Police station or sheriff's office.
Detention facility, prison or jail
Courthouse (Court of Justice, courtroom or court proceeding).
County, municipal, or special district governing body meetings
General Assembly session, including committee meetings.
Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense beer or alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to that purpose;
Elementary or secondary school facilities (without the consent of school authorities)
Child-caring facilities, day care centers, or any certified family child care home.
Areas within airport where restricted access is controlled by the inspection of persons or property.
Any place where the carrying of a firearm is prohibited by federal law.

BTW - in KY it is NOT a chargeable offense to be in a posted place (unlike those listed above) while CCWing - KY's law is that you must be asked to leave and not do so before you can be charged.

BB62
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Re: CPZ Task Force

Post by Petrovich »

BB62 wrote:

BTW - in KY it is NOT a chargeable offense to be in a posted place (unlike those listed above) while CCWing - KY's law is that you must be asked to leave and not do so before you can be charged.

BB62
Someone help me with this. I thought that was Ohio's provision too. You can be asked to leave, if you refuse it's a misdemeanor charge of tresspassing.

Given the fact it would be a misdemeanor involving a firearm, however, it would likely cost you your license.

That has been my understanding....do I have it wrong?
BB62

Post by BB62 »

Ohio's trespass laws say that you are provided "notice" by signage. KY's laws say that despite signage you have to be asked to leave and refuse to in order to be charged with trespass.

So, in Ohio if one *knowingly* ignores "No Guns" signage while carrying concealed (though the suggested text in HB12 makes no distinction!), you may be charged with a 4th degree misdemeanor.

One of these days I will find my copy of HB 12 and note the relevant section, but my previous research has turned up the above.

{EDIT} In the above, I am referring to non-statutorily prohibited places, not what I term "forbidden zones" , or statutorily prohibited places such as schools, police stations, etc.

BB62
BB62

Post by BB62 »

Check ORC 2911.21, where new wording was added to make conspicuous signage "notification".

BB62