Toledo Carjacking Alert

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

medphys3

Toledo Carjacking Alert

Post by medphys3 »

Toledo Police are suggesting motorists keep their car doors locked and be aware of their surrounding after a rash of car-jackings and robberies this week. The most recent at Auburn and Central.
Here's what the report should have said:
Toledo Police are suggesting motorists keep their firearms loaded and ready and be aware of their surrounding after a rash of car-jackings and robberies this week. The most recent at Auburn and Central.
I thought the experts said we were supposed to just drive away anyway?
Todd in Haskins

<<Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a store, not a Government Agency>>
JJones

Re: Toledo Carjacking Alert

Post by JJones »

medphys3 wrote:
Toledo Police are suggesting motorists keep their car doors locked and be aware of their surrounding after a rash of car-jackings and robberies this week. The most recent at Auburn and Central.
Here's what the report should have said:
Toledo Police are suggesting motorists keep their firearms loaded and ready and be aware of their surrounding after a rash of car-jackings and robberies this week. The most recent at Auburn and Central.
Ahem... Link please :)
collin

Post by collin »

Don't get "Borned".
medphys3

Post by medphys3 »

Sorry...

http://www.wspd.com/cc-common/local_new ... feed=local

Sometimes I click before I think.
Todd in Haskins

medphys3

Post by medphys3 »

Here is another link:

http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=3629250

Taken from the report:
"That's what's so disturbing," said Toledo Sgt. Tim Noble about some of the six recent carjacking cases ending in severe beatings. "These victims, the ones that were assaulted really weren't putting up a fight," Noble told us. "They were doing what the suspects wanted and the suspects still assaulted them."
Gee, what a suprise. These kids ae lucky they weren't killed.
Todd in Haskins

Scott

Post by Scott »

That 'expert' is the idiot commandant of the OSHP...
Last edited by Scott on Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blip!
williampelish
*** Banned ***

Post by williampelish »

The Area you speak of is common for stupid criminal acts. I am not afraid of this AREA. Hell, Lucas County Jobs and Family SVS office if around that way. I know this because I have to take someone there once every 3 or 4 months.

Will
lfrost2125

Toledo Carjacking Alert

Post by lfrost2125 »

Actually there was on the anthony-wayne trail and city park. A black male stepped out in front of the vehicle and then two other black guys came up and pulled the guy out of his vehicle and pistol whipped him in the head and face area.
"Let me not mourn for men who have died fighting, but rather let me be glad that such heros have lived" ----- General George S. Patton Jr.
williampelish
*** Banned ***

Post by williampelish »

lfrost2125 wrote:Actually there was on the anthony-wayne trail and city park. A black male stepped out in front of the vehicle and then two other black guys came up and pulled the guy out of his vehicle and pistol whipped him in the head and face area.

yeah and that is Ghetto type area too! The South End of Toledo is terrible as well! Sometimes even worse than the Auburn area.

Will
lfrost2125

Toledo Carjacking Alert

Post by lfrost2125 »

Actually I've done a few side jobs in the city park area and you better believe I was carrying my firearm at that time.
"Let me not mourn for men who have died fighting, but rather let me be glad that such heros have lived" ----- General George S. Patton Jr.