Update on public gun forum

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

medphys3

Update on public gun forum

Post by medphys3 »

Today, Bob Frantz from WSPD in Toledo was scheduled to have an open forum on CCW and gun control. It was supposed to be with Bruce Beatty and others on the Pro side and someone from the Million Mom March, a Lawyer, and possibly Toby Hoover.

This is the response from Bob when I e-mailed him about it yesterday:

Thanks for asking...I'll have to announce this on the air: No...the gun
show is off, since the anti-gun groups were too afraid to debate.
Sorry...
Bob
I will say this: Bob Frantz would not be considered Pro-gun. He has stated that he does not want to get rid of the Second Amendment, but is for some sort of gun control (.50 cal ban for example).

That being said, Bob did say LIVE on the air that the Anti-Gunners were AFRAID to go live on the air and debate the issue with the Pro-Gunners.

I give him credit for that statement.

It seems apparent to me that anti-gunners are more inclined to shoot off at the mouth when they are talking to a reporter or writing to a newspaper, but WILL NOT debate publicly.

What do you think?
Todd in Haskins

<<Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a store, not a Government Agency>>
ballistic

Update on Public Gun Forum

Post by ballistic »

I am not from the Toledo area, so I have no idea what kind of person Bob Frantz is. However, I'd get a better idea if he publicly said the same thing he said privately to you in an e-mail. Has he done so?
medphys3

Post by medphys3 »

I'd get a better idea if he publicly said the same thing he said privately to you in an e-mail. Has he done so?
His e-mail was a concerning the gun debate. His comment to me (live on the air, at the closing of the show) was:

"hey Todd in Haskins, the gun debate has been canceled because the anti-gunners are afraid to go on the air with us", or something like that.

Bob has openly said on the air that he is for some sort of gun-control. He also feels that concealed carry in the city parks should not be allowed and he has had some heated discussions with us on the radio.

Please do not think that I agree with him in any way. I DO NOT! By his logic, Hummers should be banned, because no really needs a truck that large to go shopping at Wal Mart.

I just want to point out that the big mouth anti-gunners seem to be afraid of public debate and that Bob openly said that on the air.
Todd in Haskins

<<Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a store, not a Government Agency>>
Glock and dagger

Post by Glock and dagger »

It seems apparent to me that anti-gunners are more inclined to shoot off at the mouth when they are talking to a reporter or writing to a newspaper, but WILL NOT debate publicly.
Simple... in a debate, you cannot have a script written in advance to supplement your side of a debate. A gungrabber is skating on thin ice with this issue, and they know it. Their campaign is one of propaganda, not one of altruism. If it were, debating would be an easy thing to do.
I'm Glock and Dagger and I approved this message.

"If it deprives just one citizen of their God-given rights, it's not worth it."
-evan price

FOOTOS... the Fresh Fighter
williampelish
*** Banned ***

Post by williampelish »

I find this funny. It figures that people like Toby Hoover would avoid a debate. People like us would make people like her look stupid and they don't want that. I have already had a quick conversation with a young man that said and I quote
The only gun that I think should be legal are BB Guns and Shotguns for hunting-Marco's Pizza Gen Mgr Rossford Ohio Chris is his name
He was made out to look stupid by myself real fast. I told him he would make a great soccer mom. That ended his 2 cents into the conversation real fast that day. Honestly the ANTI's would lose a debate straight up.

Just my opinion and 2 cents worth.

Will
Last edited by williampelish on Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Engineer Bill

Post by Engineer Bill »

I heard some of the comments of Bob Frantz too! I have WSPD on my computer daily. You can get it live on their web site.
Bill
Life/Benefactor NRA member, NRA Training Counselor, NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Recruiter; NRA RTBAV Instructor, OFCC member, Varmint Hunters Association member
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

williampelish wrote:I find this funny. It figures that people like Toby Hoover would avoid a debate. People like us would make people like her look stupid and they don't want that. I have already had a quick conversation with a young man that said and I quote
The only gun that I think should be legal are BB Guns and Shotguns for hunting-Marco's Pizza Gen Mgr Rossford Ohio Chris is his name
He was made out to look stupid by myself real fast. I told him he would make a great soccer mom. That ended his 2 cents into the conbversation real fast that day. Honestly the ANTI's would lose a debate straight up.

Just my opinion and 2 cents worth.

Will
Not to mention she can't wear a skirt on camera.