Columbus Carry.

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Hey!!!! I think I've found it!!!!

A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine!!

Well if you got one of these deadly babies in the city of columbus you better get ready to register that sucker.
collin

Post by collin »

Petrofergov wrote:. Also.....what the heck is a M15 rifle???
The M15 is Armalite's name for their AR-15 rifle. Of course, the reporter probably didn't know that, but I did.
rhwiley

Post by rhwiley »

Colin - Thank you for the information. I wasn't aware there actually was an M-15 out there.

I've personally heard alot of people in the past incorrectly talk about the preferred weapon of the military being the M-16 or its predecessor the M-15.

Most of us in who have carried an M-16 for some time tend to look at these people and just mutter something like... "errr.... yeah... right", because the fielded predecessor to the M-16 was actually the M-14 (but you probably already knew that :wink: ).

Bob Wiley
jhfenton

Post by jhfenton »

Petrofergov wrote:what the heck is a M15 rifle???
According to a few online sources, it was a short-lived successor to the BAR intended for use as a SAW:
The M15 was developed as a replacement for the Browning Automatic Rifle for use as a squad automatic weapon. It took the basic semi-automatic M14 rifle, added a heavier barrel and stock, a hinged buttplate, a selector switch for fully-automatic fire, and an attached bipod. It fired the standard 7.62 mm NATO (.308 Winchester) round, the same as the M14 and the M60 machine gun.

However, firing tests showed that the M14, when equipped with the selector switch, hinged buttplate and bipod, performed as well as the M15. As a result, the M15 was dropped and the M14 (modified) became the squad automatic weapon. Accuracy and control problems with this variant led to the addition of a pistol-grip stock, a folding metal foregrip and a muzzle stabilizer. The final design was designated as the M14A1.
http://encycl.opentopia.com/term/M15_Rifle

John
JJones

Post by JJones »

Technicly All military M-14 were select fire. However alot had there selectors pinned so that they could not be moved from the semi position.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

The M-14 on auto was a piece of crap. Even those who were highly skilled in its use couldn't hit much with it. Heck, it is a non-buffered, high power rifle! The first round hits in the dirt; the second round might hit your target; the third round is in the clouds....
I fired one in the Navy on full auto. I think the weapon is misunderstood. We were firing prone and small bursts got pretty effecive with practice.

Full auto fire wasn't meant to be used by everyone.

Back in WWII the BAR was the squad level 'machine gun' and it was very successful. The M14's philosophy was that it could function in the role of a BAR in full auto, or simply an infantry rifle on semi. It was kinda supposed to be a two-in-one hybrid between the Garand and the BAR.

The M14 prolly got it's bad rap simply because it wasn't as heavy as the BAR. On full auto, without some sort of support such as a bipod or, whatever, it wasn't nearly as good a shooter as the BAR. As a replacement for the BAR, however, it didn't do too bad given the weight reduction.

It was all about tactics......soldiers weren't trained to go out and spray lead with the M14...the were trained to use is much like a Garand.

The biggest problem with the M14 was that it tried to be two things at once. It was good at both, but excelled at neither.
haspelbein

Post by haspelbein »

Petrofergov wrote:Hey!!!! I think I've found it!!!!

Well if you got one of these deadly babies in the city of columbus you better get ready to register that sucker.
If you ever read Hemingway's "For Whom The Bell Tolls", you'd know what mayhem can be created with those broomhandles. :wink:
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

haspelbein wrote:
Petrofergov wrote:Hey!!!! I think I've found it!!!!

If you ever read Hemingway's "For Whom The Bell Tolls", you'd know what mayhem can be created with those broomhandles. :wink:
Yeah, ol' Ernie was a heckuva writer when he wasn't in an alcoholic stupor. :D
AlanM

Fixed magazine semi-auto handguns

Post by AlanM »

How about a 100 rounds of 22LR?
http://mem.tcon.net/users/5010/5491/m-110.htm

Or 50 rounds of 9mm?
http://www2.netdoor.com/~mikemor/calico3.html

I know the 22 magazine is fixed, don't know about the 9mm.

I don't shoot to kill, I shoot to live.
Al McClure
JJones

Re: Fixed magazine semi-auto handguns

Post by JJones »

AlanM wrote:How about a 100 rounds of 22LR?

Or 50 rounds of 9mm?

Al McClure

Nope The Calico .22 mag is detachable, as is the 9mm.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

AlanM wrote:
How about a 100 rounds of 22LR?

Or 50 rounds of 9mm?

Al McClure

Nope The Calico .22 mag is detachable, as is the 9mm.
I stand corrected. Mea Culpa
ARM
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

My new CC rig. Not legal in kolumbus.

Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

You just need to wear your shirt a bit looser...
You don't think it will print?
JJones

Post by JJones »

Petrofergov wrote:
You just need to wear your shirt a bit looser...
The gun, no... Your gut, Yes :twisted:

:lol:

Not like I have room to talk, But I had to take that one.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

JJones wrote:
Petrofergov wrote:
tommcnaughton wrote: You just need to wear your shirt a bit looser...
The gun, no... Your gut, Yes :twisted:

:lol:

Not like I have room to talk, But I had to take that one.
Hey, it's paid for.

BTW...does anybody know what that gun is in the pic?

I don't think it's a MG.

But I bet I know and I'm not tellin!!!! (yet).

I'll give you a hint. If it's what I think it is it would be perfecty legal to carry in post ban, downtown kolumbus....and yes...it is not demilled and it will fire. In German it is called the Panzerbüchse. Haspelbein.....let someone else get it.

No cheating by using google either.
Last edited by Petrovich on Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.