Columbus Carry.

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Sirbleeds

Post by Sirbleeds »

This ban clearly is aimed at stopping ALL firearms that are semi-automatic. Sadly unless you scrutinize the wording and phrasing, you dont see it. It looks like only rifles.. but read where it says "and handguns with generally the same features"..sounds pretty scary. The people that wrote this are bad.. hehe Take em out.. er I mean take em out of office next time around.. thats what I meant...
Bleeds..
valian

Post by valian »

I just read the text of the proposal and it does not indicate to me that all pistols with detachable magazines over 10 rounds will be banned but only those with detachable magazines that also have one of the other mentioned attributes such as a second hand grip, barrel shroud etc. It seems they are targeting the Tec-9 style handgun.

The 10 round max. mentioned there applies only to fixed rifle and pistol magazines. It seems there that the SKS rifles would be OK with the standard magazine and seems that is what they are most concerned about.

High capacity magazine are defined as those over 20 rounds and possession will be prohibited (except .22 mags)

If this law passes I won't spend another dime in Columbus and have so indicated to Columbus City Council.

valian
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

valian wrote:I just read the text of the proposal and it does not indicate to me that all pistols with detachable magazines over 10 rounds will be banned but only those with detachable magazines that also have one of the other mentioned attributes such as a second hand grip, barrel shroud etc. It seems they are targeting the Tec-9 style handgun.

The 10 round max. mentioned there applies only to fixed rifle and pistol magazines. It seems there that the SKS rifles would be OK with the standard magazine and seems that is what they are most concerned about.

High capacity magazine are defined as those over 20 rounds and possession will be prohibited (except .22 mags)

If this law passes I won't spend another dime in Columbus and have so indicated to Columbus City Council.

valian
Just goes to show you how uninformed these people are. A tec-9 type weapon, and yes I lump them all together....even the 'good' ones....are basically crude, uninspired pieces of garbage. Frankly, I think they should all be banned, melted down, and milled into something decent like a Sig, or even a glock for pete's sake.

I wouldn't carry a tec 9 home if you gave it to me.

As for Simonov's..........ah, let's save that for a more appropriate thread. :D
ColGlock

Post by ColGlock »

Petrofergov wrote:
valian wrote:I just read the text of the proposal and it does not indicate to me that all pistols with detachable magazines over 10 rounds will be banned but only those with detachable magazines that also have one of the other mentioned attributes such as a second hand grip, barrel shroud etc. It seems they are targeting the Tec-9 style handgun.

valian
Just goes to show you how uninformed these people are. A tec-9 type weapon, and yes I lump them all together....even the 'good' ones....are basically crude, uninspired pieces of garbage. Frankly, I think they should all be banned, melted down, and milled into something decent like a Sig, or even a glock for pete's sake.

Ahh the Irony, you are calling them uninformed, while taking there position, and repeating there uninformed ignorace.

Calling all handguns with the Magizines infront of the trigger, Assualt Weapons, Only displays the level of ignorance of the indivual.
Most of the top target pistols have the magizines infront of the trigger.

Walther GSP :http://www.potfire.com.au/compend/spwalgsp.htm

Hammerli 280 http://www.hammerliusa.com/hammerli_280 ... pistol.htm

etc.

What is the difference between the the Tec-9 and say the Walther GSP?
  • Price (about $3000 for the GSP)
    Quality of manufacturing.
    Accuracy
    Rate of fire? (Nope the Walther was designed to fire quickly and accurate for ISU competitions.)
So tell me why are you of this delusion that some feature can make something evil?

ColGlock.
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

I am fascinated that in less than a month the forums have already turned into "your stuff is crap and mine is good"...

I was wondering how long...

T
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

ColGlock wrote:

Ahh the Irony, you are calling them uninformed, while taking there position, and repeating there uninformed ignorace.

Calling all handguns with the Magizines infront of the trigger, Assualt Weapons, Only displays the level of ignorance of the indivual.
Most of the top target pistols have the magizines infront of the trigger.

Walther GSP :http://www.potfire.com.au/compend/spwalgsp.htm

Hammerli 280 http://www.hammerliusa.com/hammerli_280 ... pistol.htm

etc.

What is the difference between the the Tec-9 and say the Walther GSP?
  • Price (about $3000 for the GSP)
    Quality of manufacturing.
    Accuracy
    Rate of fire? (Nope the Walther was designed to fire quickly and accurate for ISU competitions.)
So tell me why are you of this delusion that some feature can make something evil?

ColGlock.[/quote]

Thanks for calling me ignorant. My post was meant to be humorous. Apparently my humor was a bit too subtle for you to pick up on.

If you like toy guns by all means enjoy them. Sorry, I must have overlooked the Walther but, as you've pointed out, I am ignorant. At any rate, from looking at the websites you posted, I fail to see the similarity between the hamerli and walther pistols to the tec 9. I'll still maintain my position that the tec 9 is junk if that's okay with you.
ColGlock

Post by ColGlock »

I said the position was based in ignorance not the person was ignorant. There is a difference.

ColGlock.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Whatever you say.
ColGlock

Post by ColGlock »

Petrofergov wrote:
Whatever you say.
Gee is that quoting you or the Columbus law? of course if you wish to apply that label to yourself you are more than welcome to call yourself ignorant.

Additionally everyone has a level of ignorance. I am quite ignorant of brain surgery for example. Someone who is ignorent of a subject should not be makeing laws concerning that subject.

ColGlock.
Last edited by ColGlock on Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

ColGlock wrote:Calling all handguns with the Magizines infront of the trigger, Assualt Weapons, Only displays the level of ignorance of the indivual.
I was quoting you.

Seriously, I dislike arguing with you. I quit, you win.
ColGlock

Post by ColGlock »

Petrofergov wrote:
ColGlock wrote:Calling all handguns with the Magizines infront of the trigger, Assualt Weapons, Only displays the level of ignorance of the indivual.
I was quoting you.

but who was I quoting?
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

ColGlock wrote:
Petrofergov wrote:
I was quoting you.

but who was I quoting?
In the spirit of reconciliation and in the interest of avoiding bruised feelings and egos (mine included) I will continue to respond.

I have no idea who you were quoting.

Let's just talk about fun things, like guns....okay?
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

This little arguement ends here. You may resume the original thread discussion if you wish.

Everybody play nice. No name calling. We are all on the same side and we all basically believe the same stuff in relation to guns and CCW.
Last edited by Brian_Horton on Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
When the goin' gets tough, the tough go cyclic.

Happiness is a crew served weapon.
ColGlock

Post by ColGlock »

I was quoting one of the qualifcation in the Columbus AWB.

That was the who point of this thread!

ColGlock.
Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

You can point that out without calling someone ignorant or implying that someone ignorant. You can disagree and still be civil. No more arguement posts. Get back on subject.
When the goin' gets tough, the tough go cyclic.

Happiness is a crew served weapon.