SANDUSKY REGISTER ADVERTISER CAMPAIGN & RESPONSES

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

Yeah, I hear ya McM. We all need to remember though that it's not the advertisers we're mad at. We can't turn them against us as they're the best bet we have for convincing the Register to take their lists down.

That's why I left it as I did and we probably all should. We'll just move on to the next one in the list.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." --Thomas Paine
MikeACP

Post by MikeACP »

MS...'blah blah blah' Same response I got.
BIG SHAFE

Post by BIG SHAFE »

I posted this over on opencarry.org, just in case those that are CHL holders aren't registered here. They might be on the list and not even know it.

Link:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum43/3252.html
Turk

Post by Turk »

Meanstreaker
Yeah, I hear ya McM. We all need to remember though that it's not the advertisers we're mad at. We can't turn them against us as they're the best bet we have for convincing the Register to take their lists down.
I’m not mad at and do not want to hurt any of the advertisers but the fact is this sending E-mails etc. lets them know your thoughts and I can see what some are thinking that this issue will blow over and back to business as usual. The only way a boycott works is that is puts a monetary loss on the perpetrator and this means advertising dollars. Once businesses see that they are losing revenue by still advertising that may make them rethink their decision. It is a business owners right to advertise where they please but it is also my right to spend my money where I please. For a boycott to work dollars have to be lost bottom line is what it is all about. That may sound harsh but that is the fact and if you’re not willing to do that you may as well stop now.

Also who owns the register? A lot of owners have more than one paper. If this is so then it’s sister papers advertisers should also be boycotted put the pressure across the board not just in one local area direct it back to the owner.

Meanstreaker stated he wants the lists taken off the web site that’s fine but the damage has been done. It really scares me that a person like this editor feels he’s protecting my constitutional rights. My thoughts are pretty simple in what I see is best for my constitutional rights concerning the sandusky register a sign should read “Under new management”. If someone in my work place would act so irresponsible for a command decision they would be terminated. Our founding fathers would turn over in their graves if they could see the media today. They believed the journalists would help keep things straight but today it seems the vast majority have an agenda that’s different than what America was founded upon.

I agree that any contacting MUST be polite and do not harass anyone and make one contact. Let them know your thoughts and what you are going to do and as it was said after 911 to the countries around the world “You’re either for us or against us” and fence riding doesn’t count for my way of thinking. Also support any and all who pull the advertising.

Have a good day and pray for our men and women fighting and dying around the world for our real constitutional rights and our way of life.

This is my mileage and others may vary.

Turk
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

Turk wrote:Meanstreaker stated he wants the lists taken off the web site that’s fine but the damage has been done. ... concerning the sandusky register a sign should read “Under new management”.
Turk, welcome to the forums!

You and I are in complete agreement, along with OFCC. You'll notice that in every story we've ran on the main webpage, everything we've said in the forums, the sample letter/email I wrote and posted for people to use, as well as quoted statements by OFCC Pres Jeff Garvas state that we won't be happy until 3 things happen:

1) Take down the lists
2) Apologize to Ohioans
3) Terminate the employment of Mr. Westerhold

Anything less is not satisfactory.

All I was trying to say in regards to the one specific funeral home "blah blah blah" response was that there was nothing to be gained by me calling him up and yelling at him and telling him what an idiot some people might think he is. That would only convince him to stop ignoring us and start fighting against us. Not good.

When I said "it's not the advertisers we're mad at", I meant that we need to focus on getting the Register to do the above three things rather than arguing with advertisers that disagree with us (while we continue to not spend our money there.)

Hope this clears up some of the confusion.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." --Thomas Paine
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

A few more advertisers have been added to the list. Stay tuned as a LOT more are coming!
MySQLQuery

Post by MySQLQuery »

Indeed! And, I Need a hand, please!
Where's the best place to apply for your CHL?
Find out at http://ccwhen.com!
The world is cold, but, bold men take action.
IAmASensFan

Post by IAmASensFan »

Just wanted to let you know that some of us from CALCCW.COM are here to help make our displeasure known to the Sandusky Register on your behalf.

I have already posted on the Registers page, and emailed the pondscum editor...will start on the advertisers this evening.

God bless you all and stay safe.

GO SENS
MySQLQuery

Post by MySQLQuery »

IAmASensFan wrote:Just wanted to let you know that some of us from CALCCW.COM are here to help make our displeasure known to the Sandusky Register on your behalf.

I have already posted on the Registers page, and emailed the pondscum editor...will start on the advertisers this evening.

GO SENS
Why, thank you so much!

All the way from Califonia! WOW!
MySQLQuery

Post by MySQLQuery »

BTW -- for those of you that ran some of these yesterday, there are 30 new ones today, and I'm working on about 60 more as we speak!

Sorry, most of these new ones are not going to be via e-mail, but, I'm making every effort to find an e-mail address for each, even if it's only a web contact form...

If you have a correction, or, addition to any entry, please, PM me!
sabalo
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sabalo »

We appreciate any and all help.
IAmASensFan, you're a real gent. Thanks
======================================================
The beatings will continue until morale improves !

"It's bowb your buddy week."
Harry Harrison - DEATHWORLD

Let's all remember that 9 Bengals were arrested in a 9 month period !
(Source-ESPN)

Jerk Herder®
oldmic
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by oldmic »

Amen! Thanks for your support IAmASensFan and welcome!
Strider

May I suggest also

Post by Strider »

How many of you fish and or vacation in that area?
How many those are willing to skip Sandusky this year?
Until our "demands" are met, I am not making the drive to that area of the Lake. Actually I am just as happy to go to Florida or Tennessee this year.

Not going to read through all 4+ pages to date, so if this has been suggested, sorry....

May I also recommend contacting :
Chamber of Commerce,
Erie County Visitor's Bureau and the
Sandusky City Manager's office

The paper needs as much pressure on it as possible. Ad revenue is one thing, but local political pressure is another, as is explaining to the Chamber that we can easily and happily spend our tourism dollars elsewhere until this act of media malfeasance is resolved to our satisfaction. Assault them on as many fronts as possible.
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend" J.R.R. Tolkien
MySQLQuery

Post by MySQLQuery »

GREAT idea, strider!
jacksnack

Post by jacksnack »

IAmASensFan wrote:Just wanted to let you know that some of us from CALCCW.COM are here to help make our displeasure known to the Sandusky Register on your behalf.

GO SENS

Thank you much my friends. We need your help!