SANDUSKY REGISTER ADVERTISER CAMPAIGN & RESPONSES

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

gordon.mott

Post by gordon.mott »

TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

An ex-advertiser wrote:Cost some business

Friday June 29 2007, 3:29am

After years of advertising my rental units and selling numerous items in your classifieds, the Sandusky Register has chosen to list my name on their web site under the concealed carry permit holder’s list.� When I want my business put in your paper or Web site, I’ll call your advertising department and you can charge me for it. The Sandusky Register has won the right to publish this list. However, as a customer I have the right to no longer do business with the Sandusky Register.

[advertiser's name]

Castalia
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
ushouldbepackin

Register scrubbing list

Post by ushouldbepackin »

I own Sandusky Bay Cellular in Sandusky. Although I have limited advertising with the SR I have informed my account rep Nadine (have to find business card for rest of info) that I shall do no more. I never liked the SR to begin with so I only used random classified ads. As far as the SR scrubbing the list I believe they have. I know for a fact that one local bussiness owner that advertises quite a bit should have been on the list. He was a student of mine and he showed me his CCW upon receipt. I have not posted his name or business at his request. He assured me that he would be going over his contract to terminate it or atleast reduce the amount of advo he does. At that time I invited him again to join OFCC and inform the comunity of the outcome. I have spoken with several owners that I know personaly and the results have been mixed. The majority are leaning towards our side though. It's a small percentage but hopefully it will all add up in the end. Thankyou to the OFCC comunity for your support, I agree that action is needed but I hope our local economy is'nt adversely affected by the SRs disrespect for our given rights to privacy, Thankyou............Nathan
In the land of written law,the pen is mightier than the sword,but the bullet trumps all.

That which does not kill you.......has made a tactical error.

When you bury me, put me ten feet down. It's the only way I'll get any rest.
GroundChuk

Post by GroundChuk »

It is great to see some businesses showing up here and giving support.

Perhaps those that advertise may want to add something to their ad, like "We Support CCW".

Those advertising might even be better off posting signs saying the same thing!

If I saw a store not posted, and one that was posted as "We Support CCW", guess where I'm going!

Perhaps we could change the tide with businesses starting to post signs for CCW and then people will get the idea that "you can't go anywhere as all places are posted 'No CCW'" is a false statement. I've heard that many times.

We are making inroads, and I think the businesses that have been affected by the SR could set an example, and a standard.

THAT is good advertisement!!
mauser

Post by mauser »

If nothing else we have had a few more users join this week. I hope they stay and participate even after this is resolved.
"a CHL license is either a "license" or a "permit," but you'd never call a CHL your "balogney pony." It's pretty far out there."
--VEX
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Welcome Nathan, wish it was under more pleasant circumstances. Always great to be joined by somebody who knows what the right thing to do is, and does it!
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
tjeffries

Post by tjeffries »

Nathan, thanks for posting your support, and I know where I'd be spending my money if your business were a bit closer to me. I know how important advertising is for a business, and none of us here want to hurt any of the businesses forced to use their paper.
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive?"-- Alexander Solzhenitzyn, Gulag Archipelago

To paraphrase George Santayana, those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

http://www.barefootsworld.net/tripwire.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MikeACP

Post by MikeACP »

Nathan, Thank you for your support.
jacksnack

Post by jacksnack »

Nathan, I am glad to have your support.
BB62

Post by BB62 »

That's nice that he agrees (does he really?). I think it would be fair to ask him if he would be willing to demonstrate that in some way visible to the SR.
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
MySQLQuery

Post by MySQLQuery »

Great work, guys!

The best it seems, that they can come up with now, are PS ads, for the metro parks, and, a couple holdouts!

KEEP UP THE PRESSURE! YOU FOLKS ARE DOING GREAT WORK!

Thank you, to all of you, that have contacted these advertisers!
Where's the best place to apply for your CHL?
Find out at http://ccwhen.com!
The world is cold, but, bold men take action.
MySQLQuery

Post by MySQLQuery »

BTT. THE LISTS ARE STILL UP.
Where's the best place to apply for your CHL?
Find out at http://ccwhen.com!
The world is cold, but, bold men take action.
Mad Duck

Post by Mad Duck »

Response from The Ohio House

I received your email regarding your opposition to Sandusky Register’s publishing of those individuals who hold a concealed handgun license. I appreciate your continued concern for concealed carry issues.

As you are likely aware, the intent of the Legislature was to allow members of the media the right to request license holder information so as to make certain the licenses were being properly issued. House Bill 225, sponsored by Representative John Adams (R- Sidney) would, among other provisions, repeal the “journalist exception” to the provision that otherwise makes confidential the records a sheriff possesses regarding concealed handgun licenses and applications for such licenses. This legislation was introduced on May 22 and referred to the House Criminal Justice Committee.

Please know that I understand your frustrations. As a law-abiding gun owner myself, I am greatly concerned with any issue facing gun owners’ rights in Ohio. You can continue to count on me to preserve and advance the rights of law-abiding gun owners in Ohio, and as we work on this issue throughout the 127th General Assembly, I will certainly be mindful of your views.

It is my hope that no harm will come to you or other concealed handgun license holders as a result of the actions taken by the Sandusky Register. If I can be of any further assistance, please contact my office.

Sincerely,

Jon A. Husted

Speaker

Ohio House of Representatives

Post by 513 »

ttt
Joshua Combs
Smith and Wesson SW99 9mm

http://www.streamlinewebsolutions.com