Ccw class recommendations

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Nojoy621

Ccw class recommendations

Post by Nojoy621 »

Hello all! I’ve been living in Ohio a few months now and I’m looking to get my ccw permit. I’ve had permits in Michigan, Connecticut, and Indiana. I live one the Westerville/Polaris area but no problem driving a little bit if needed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
hall1343

Re: Ccw class recommendations

Post by hall1343 »

My wife and I both took our classes at Black Wing Shooting Center in Delaware - I HIGHLY recommend them. It was a very professional attitude from everyone involved with no "redneck, chest thumping, all-knowing" cocky attitudes toward men or women. They also have a 2A-oriented lawyer speak for an hour (at least it was an hour when the CCW class was required to be 12 hours!) - he both spoke AND took questions. Our feeling, leaving the class, was that this was a professional well structured class.

Our daughter and son-in-law took a CCW class from someplace that had a "groupon" (it wasn't LEPD or anywhere like that) and they came away from that class thinking/feeling "Why did we go??" They said it was very little instruction involved and more of "Hey what does everyone want to talk about? We've got 8 hours to kill - someone start talking... please?!" After talking with them and asking them question, I'm not sure that I could say that they had a good understanding of the laws. My son-in-law is less of a "book learner" and more of a "hands-on" learner and learned more from MY discussion(s) with them about CCW laws than he ever learned from the paid course.

Our course was more expensive than theirs with their groupon but it was definitely well worth it.
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

http://www.milsurpstuff.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; offers a CC class several times a year.
Wife took hers there and I think she got a LOT better education than I did with my instructor. Bit of a drive but a really good class from a really good pair of guys!
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
The German

Post by The German »

You can take the theoretical part of the class online (there are several providers, just ask google) and then find an instructor who will accept that and do the range part with you. I am personally not a fan of online classes for this and would not accept students for the practical part and then sign off on it (but that's just me...).