Hit Posted Businesses in the Wallet

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Col Duke

Hit Posted Businesses in the Wallet

Post by Col Duke »

Thought I’d point out restaurant/activity social media rating sites like “TripAdvisor”, “Yelp” and “Zomato” are great places to call attention to businesses that do not allow guns on their premises. I've been doing this now for a couple years and have never had a review edited or deleted. If you opt to do so, my advice is to write a polite, honest review, and conclude it with something like, “I was disappointed to note the owners of this establishment do not respect my 2nd Amendment rights and have a ‘no firearms’ sign posted. While doing so is the owners' right, this alone will preclude me from returning.” The point is, you probably should not get overly political with your post. 

I've been pleasantly surprised at the number of positive/helpful votes my reviews pointing out such businesses have received from readers of these sites. At the very least such reviews will alert CCW holders an establishment is posted, and will hopefully send them and their money to businesses where they are welcome.

schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Hit Posted Businesses in the Wallet

Post by schmieg »

This will provide good information to the gun owners who carry, especially while traveling. I doubt that restauranteurs will worry too much about it though as they will look at it attracting the anti-gun crowd, which may not be more numerous, but which is more vocal.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand