Big Road Trip

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JMO

Big Road Trip

Post by JMO »

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping we have a few veteran travelers who may be able to help me with the info i'm looking for. I'm still actively researching it, just hoping somebody else has had experience or knowledge already to share in order to help me out.

I need to leave tomorrow from Ohio to Mississippi & would like to bring my firearm. My route will take me through KY, TN, AL, & then to MS.

Anyone know how friendly these folk are?

Thanks in advance
ArmedAviator

Re: Big Road Trip

Post by ArmedAviator »

I know KY and TN you're good-to-go. The rest I know nothing about.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

http://www.handgunlaw.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
docachna

Post by docachna »

pirateguy191 wrote:http://www.handgunlaw.us
I am to the point where I simply pull over about 5 miles before the state line and pull this up on my smartphone. No more trying to remember multiple iterations.

(Or, if you're a paper guy, run off each page at work before you go on vacation !) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

docachna wrote:...Or, if you're a paper guy, run off each page at work before you go on vacation !...

On my trip to Yellowstone I printed the important stuff from each state, and put it all in a thin, flexible binder. And like you said... pulled it out and read up at the rest stop before each new state.

I had a simple phone then, and as it turned out, we didn't have coverage in quite a few places.

So even if I HAD had a smartphone, paper backup in plastic sheet covers was an excellent idea!
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

All are good ideas. And asking a forum, also a good idea.

Having left it til the night before... uhhh, less so. :lol:
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
KilroyWasHere

Post by KilroyWasHere »

You shouldn't have any problem in MS. I drive semi truck for work and go from NW Ohio into MS every week. In August was pulled over three weeks in a row by MS DOT cops for routine roadside inspections. While not required in MS to inform them of my CHL, I did so out of courtesy as soon as I made contact with them when they approached the truck. All three times, I was rather surprised that they couldn't have been any more disinterested in the news. Hope this is a help.
Buckeyedoc

Post by Buckeyedoc »

I do print off each state and staple them together and have them close by, just in case. Hitting the high points before you leave is also a good idea (notify, signs w/ rule of law, etc.). Works for me.