Going to Cincinnati with CHL...

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Yojimbo

Going to Cincinnati with CHL...

Post by Yojimbo »

Staying in downtown overnight and I just wanted to get a heads up if there is anything I need to watch out for if I am carrying. Thanks!
Brian D.

Re: Going to Cincinnati with CHL...

Post by Brian D. »

Keep alert and carry on. Nothing specifically bad about downtown Cincinnati. The area slightly north, Over-the-Rhine, has been partially re-gentrified, but the rest of that area is sketchy, especially after dark. Be smart and confine walking to the well lit streets at night, alleys are a tempting but stupid shortcut.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Thanks, I was more concerned about CPZ's than anything else. Any CPZ's to watch out for? IIRC, Taft Theatre is a CPZ, is that correct?
Six Shooter

Post by Six Shooter »

Brian D. wrote:Keep alert and carry on. Nothing specifically bad about downtown Cincinnati.
Carry, like your life depends on it. Seriously.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I don't know about Taft Theatre.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

I don't know the Taft, either... sorry.

The Aronoff, further uptown, used to be posted but recent investigations suggest it no longer is. That could all change in a hiccup, of course, so YYMV.
run71324

Post by run71324 »

Taft rules and regulations says no weapons under restricted items.

http://tafttheatre.org/info#RulesAndRegulations" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
docachna

Post by docachna »

run71324 wrote:Taft rules and regulations says no weapons under restricted items.

http://tafttheatre.org/info#RulesAndRegulations" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Are their "Rules and Regulations" of any concern unless the entrance is posted as required by O.R.C., or until a patron is requested to leave because they are carrying a firearm ?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
FormerNavy

Post by FormerNavy »

docachna wrote:
run71324 wrote:Taft rules and regulations says no weapons under restricted items.

Are their "Rules and Regulations" of any concern unless the entrance is posted as required by O.R.C., or until a patron is requested to leave because they are carrying a firearm ?

Some would say yes... however I personally believe the place has to be posted in a conspicuous manner. However my belief won't get you out of handcuffs, so it's worth what you paid for it. :)
WayneB
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WayneB »

FormerNavy wrote:
docachna wrote:

Some would say yes... however I personally believe the place has to be posted in a conspicuous manner. However my belief won't get you out of handcuffs, so it's worth what you paid for it. :)
IANAL, but since the ORC requirement is "conspicuously posted", at least IMHO, I would find it hard to believe that any judge would rule that Rules & Regulations, particularly if not on a big sign right in front of you as you walked in at every entrance, could be construed as conspicuous.

A list of 20 Rules & Regulations of which #13 is "no weapons" (for example) doesn't meet MY definition of conspicuous. You want it to be seen, Put it on the door.

Having said all that --- I agree with FN - my interpretations and opinions won't cool any hot water.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

WayneB wrote: IANAL, but since the ORC requirement is "conspicuously posted"
The requirement is actually "in a conspicuous location". But I agree with you, a list of 20 rules & regulations with #13 being No Weapons well off to the side of the entrance doesn't cut it. But, once you know it is there, you are under notice regardless of how conspicuous it is, IMHO.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!