Patriots Day Celebration, April 21, 2018

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: Patriots Day Celebration, April 21, 2018

Post by Chuck »

WInning hearts and influencing minds.
We are pleased to say the Buckeye Firearms has joined Ohio Carry and OFCC as cosponsors of the Patriots Day Rally.
Nobody eats their own like the pro gun crowd and our rights are under attack like never seen in my lifetime.
There are much more important thing to do than bicker with each other.

Let Freedom ring.
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Good news indeed, Chuck.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

I plan to be there, and will be bringing two of my like minded friends.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Glad to have you!
If you get a chance, look me up
Heck, look us all up; several of us will be there
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

received a nice email on this from BFA.. surprised it's the first formal contact I've seen on this event besides a facebook and forum post, and I did search for more info.
Join the Patriots Day Rally at the Ohio Statehouse

You are cordially invited to a rally for Patriotism and Freedom hosted by Ohioans for Concealed Carry, Ohio Carry, and Buckeye Firearms Association on Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 11 a.m. at the Ohio Statehouse, One Capitol Square in Columbus.

Hear historical information on the role private ownership of firearms played in our country's founding.

Hear immigrants talk of their experiences with freedom before coming to this country and their experiences now.

Hear young people, the future of our great country, speak about why freedom is so important to their generation.

No registration is required. Just show up. But we do ask that you help us gauge how many will attend with the following 1 question survey:

CLICK HERE to tell us if you plan to attend.

This is not necessarily an open carry event, but feel free to exercise your First and Second Amendment rights.

TIPS:

* Dress neatly. Be polite. Show the world we're just ordinary Americans who love and respect our God-given freedom.
* Bring American flags and other symbols of freedom.
* This is NOT a political event. So please don't bring signs that insult candidates or political parties.
* It's a family event, so bring the kids and celebrate our heritage together.

PARKING:

Here are some sources to find parking in downtown Columbus.

Parkopedia
BestParking.com
ParkingPanda
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Tomorrow!
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Pops Fun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Pops Fun »

See you there!! Bring a couple with me, the more the merrier!! :D
Steve

"Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again.".............. Ronald Reagan
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

I'll be the fat guy with a mustache!
See you there!
Ain't activism fun?

techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

Chuck wrote:I'll be the fat guy with a mustache!
See you there!
Surely not the only one!
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

http://wvxu.org/post/gun-rights-activis ... n-columbus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Saturday's Patriots Day Rally at the Ohio Statehouse is organized by three groups that oppose most gun regulations, including Ohio Carry, Buckeye Firearms Association and Ohioans for Concealed Carry.

Gary Witt of Ohioans For Concealed Carry says the event, which begins at 11 a.m., is not necessarily a gun rally. He says it’s meant to celebrate freedom and honor those who fought for American independence during the Revolutionary War.
Μολὼν λαβέ

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

An excellent event. Thanks to everyone who helped put this together.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Here is an excellent highlight video from our friend werz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfykSvg ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ain't activism fun?

kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

I thought the turnout was indicative of many of our brethren not taking the current anti-gun climate seriously.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

We had about 300 compared to about 60 or so one week earlier, and about 1000 five weeks before that.
Several of the national group that was rallying one week before ours was complaining about ours, but the plans were made long before we ever heard of them; come to think of it, I never heard of their organization before then at all.

Anyway, if one needs an excuse for the crowd size, one can use the fact that this was the third one in six weeks.
Or, one can simply enjoy the fact that patriotism was running high and plenty of media got a first hand look at who we are.
And so does anyone who bothers to watch the live feed of werz's video

I think we put forth a valid cross section of gun owners who represents not just gun owners, but the average American here in the heartland.

**Upon reflection if I had it to do again, I would have invited the crowd to step closer to the podium. that would have created better visuals
It was almost like no one wanted anywhere close to those TV guys
Ain't activism fun?