Rally for our Rights - March 10th

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

docpadds

Rally for our Rights - March 10th

Post by docpadds »

The folks over at Ohio Carry ar arranging a march, and its in all our interests to publicize it!

Ohio Carry Holding “Rally For Our Rights” Event At The Ohio Statehouse

Facebook Event Page

March 10, 2018
1:00pm

The sheriff, The FBI; They all dropped the ball on Parkland. The problem is not a need for MORE gun laws, the problem is actively enforcing the laws we have! Had our current laws been enforced, and action been taken, the shooter would have been placed under disability and barred from purchasing or having firearms.

Rather than look at the root of the problem, and address the failures across the board, our legislators in Ohio decided instead to try and push through a ban on something they know nothing about. SB260 has been proposed and is effectively a ban on “assault weapons” which they define as: a semi-automatic firearm capable of accepting a detachable magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds. THIS ACCOUNTS FOR THE MAJORITY OF FIREARMS IN THE STATE!

This, unfortunately, we have seen before. Knee jerk, emotional reactions do nothing to address the problem, and everything to show the lack of knowledge our current legislators in favor of this bill have on the very object they want banned.

NO MORE! We have given enough! We are not guilty! There is no blood on our hands! These proposal would be completely ineffective at preventing any crime or shooting, but would limit what you as a free American can own even further than you are already limited! We will not stand for it!

Join us March 10th at 1pm in front of the Statehouse in downtown Columbus for a rally! Let’s make our voices heard! Open carry welcome! If you can legally carry it, you are welcome to bring it! Or don’t carry, it’s up to you. But we need YOU there! We need your friends and family there! We need numbers! We need to show the “leaders” in our state that we will not stand for any more infringement.

Disclaimer: While we would love to see as many people carrying as possible, please take it upon yourself to make sure that you are obeying all laws (local, state, and federal), that you can legally be in possession of a firearm and are not under any disability or otherwise barred from owning or possessing a firearm, and that any interactions with law enforcement or the public are respectful and courteous. Ohio Carry does not condone violence, disrespect, or anything that could be misconstrued as disorderly conduct. You are coming to this event as an individual and Ohio Carry is not responsible and cannot be held accountable for any action you commit, or any action taken against you legally or civilly. While we encourage you to flex your rights, please use your own best discretion as to what to do and not to do.
https://t.me/pump_upp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pirateguy191

Re: Rally for our Rights - March 10th

Post by pirateguy191 »

I'm going down if anyone wants to carpool.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

I will be there too
Anyone want a ride from east of Columbus?
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Heading that way from Akron/Canton area and have an open seat...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Pops Fun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Pops Fun »

Sounds like fun!!
:D
Steve

"Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it, have never known it again.".............. Ronald Reagan
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

I'll be there as well. Gotta figure out a sign to carry. Not sure what I want to convey, my disgust for Kasich or the ridiculous infringements and stripping of due process of SB260 and his other proposals.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

It seems that Hickok45 will be in attendance this Saturday.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

I'm planning to be there as well.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

OFCC is officially a sponsor now

Come down and rally with us!
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Maybe someone could post the facebook info here for those that don't do facebook.
Black Rifles Matter
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

steves 50de wrote:Maybe someone could post the facebook info here for those that don't do facebook.
From the FB event page,

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: PERMIT WAS APPROVED

Ohio Carry Holding “Rally For Our Rights” Event At The Ohio Statehouse

March 10, 2018
1:00pm

The sheriff, The FBI; They all dropped the ball on Parkland. The problem is not a need for MORE gun laws, the problem is actively enforcing the laws we have! Had our current laws been enforced, and action been taken, the shooter would have been placed under disability and barred from purchasing or having firearms.

Rather than look at the root of the problem, and address the failures across the board, our legislators in Ohio decided instead to try and push through a ban on something they know nothing about. SB260 has been proposed and is effectively a ban on “assault weapons” which they define as: a semi-automatic firearm capable of accepting a detachable magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds. THIS ACCOUNTS FOR THE MAJORITY OF FIREARMS IN THE STATE!

This, unfortunately, we have seen before. Knee jerk, emotional reactions do nothing to address the problem, and everything to show the lack of knowledge our current legislators in favor of this bill have on the very object they want banned.

NO MORE! We have given enough! We are not guilty! There is no blood on our hands! These proposal would be completely ineffective at preventing any crime or shooting, but would limit what you as a free American can own even further than you are already limited! We will not stand for it!

Join us March 10th at 1pm in front of the Statehouse in downtown Columbus for a rally! Let’s make our voices heard! Open carry welcome! If you can legally carry it, you are welcome to bring it! Or don’t carry, it’s up to you. But we need YOU there! We need your friends and family there! We need numbers! We need to show the “leaders” in our state that we will not stand for any more infringement.

Disclaimer: While we would love to see as many people carrying as possible, please take it upon yourself to make sure that you are obeying all laws (local, state, and federal), that you can legally be in possession of a firearm and are not under any disability or otherwise barred from owning or possessing a firearm, and that any interactions with law enforcement or the public are respectful and courteous. Ohio Carry does not condone violence, disrespect, or anything that could be misconstrued as disorderly conduct. You are coming to this event as an individual and Ohio Carry is not responsible and cannot be held accountable for any action you commit, or any action taken against you legally or civilly. While we encourage you to flex your rights, please use your own best discretion as to what to do and not to do.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

TTT

sethmcdonald
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by sethmcdonald »

I plan to attend.