OFCC Board of Directors Election

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

OFCC Board of Directors Election

Post by Chuck »

As chairman of the nomination committee, I am announcing we are now accepting nominations for 2 positions on our Board of Directors.
Nominations should be send to info@ohioccw.org and have the word "Nomination" in the subject line

Nominations will close March 20, 2018, and nominees must be a member, as must the person making the nomination.
All voting members must be have been members for two years as of May 11, 2018.
45 days later, May 11, we will conduct online voting, with paper ballots being provided for those who request them, for three days.
The nominating committee will tally the vote and the results will be announced at or before PITP
Annual meeting of the Members will be August 12 at our party in the park.

The nomination committee consists of myself and two other coords, and this is the first time we've done this.
We intend on following the the new bylaws. (Cut us some slack, I've already found one mistake)
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: OFCC Board of Directors Election

Post by Chuck »

It's easter Sunday, 12 days past the nominating deadline and without any nominations being submitted, I am unpinning this and letting it fall into the oblivion
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Bummer.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Damn, I never saw this.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

pirateguy191 wrote:Damn, I never saw this.
Couldn't have "nominated" someone anyway, Pirateguy, as you need to be a "member", (Site supporter or Patron membership ), to nominate someone.

Your profile says your not a member, or is that info wrong?
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:
Couldn't have "nominated" someone anyway, Pirateguy, as you need to be a "member", (Site supporter or Patron membership ), to nominate someone.

Your profile says your not a member, or is that info wrong?
Well, right now the automation between the membership and forum is broke and it's been that way about a month. We are trying to rebuild it at the same time as doing a total backend rebuild.

Also, not all "members" of OFCC are on the forum. So simply posting for nominations here only gets maybe half our members.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

It's been a Global Announcement since Feb 18, at the top of every forum
Ain't activism fun?

sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Chuck wrote:
Honestly, I also missed this announcement. I bookmark the forums directly to "View Unread Posts", so perhaps that's why.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

sodbuster95 wrote:
Chuck wrote:
Honestly, I also missed this announcement. I bookmark the forums directly to "View Unread Posts", so perhaps that's why.
That can play a large part. Global Announcements are utterly useless except for people that actually browse the forum via the index style. Those that use View New Posts or View Unread Posts will see a Global Announcement one time unless someone posts in it to keep bumping it back up.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Chuck wrote:As chairman of the nomination committee, I am announcing we are now accepting nominations for 2 positions on our Board of Directors.
Nominations should be send to info@ohioccw.org and have the word "Nomination" in the subject line

Nominations will close March 20, 2018, and nominees must be a member, as must the person making the nomination.
45 days later, May 11, we will conduct online voting, with paper ballots being provided for those who request them, for three days.
The nominating committee will tally the vote and the results will be announced at or before PITP

The nomination committee consists of myself and two other coords, and this is the first time we've done this.
We intend on following the the new bylaws. (Cut us some slack, I've already found one mistake)

What are the duties of this position Chuck. Also what sort of travel if any required. :?:
Black Rifles Matter
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Hey deadbeat renew your membership first. :lol:
Black Rifles Matter
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

After buying that Easter ham, he's broke.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

steves 50de wrote:
Chuck wrote:As chairman of the nomination committee, I am announcing we are now accepting nominations for 2 positions on our Board of Directors.

What are the duties of this position Chuck. Also what sort of travel if any required. :?:
Oh, I don’t know, set policy, appropriate money, make sure the corporation follows the law and stays afloat, all as part of a team of course. No one does anything or makes any decisions by themselves. Almost everything involves the coordinators, except actually approving the spending of funds, and if the coordinators all or mostly object, the board usually goes along with them. Teamwork is the name of the game. We usually only get together in person once a year, and burn up the phone either with conference calls for a group discussion, not too often, or individual calls. I mostly confer with Morne, since he is both Treasurer and the resident political expert.

Check the bylaws for a complete and official answer
Ain't activism fun?