Fun & Gun 2018 is April 29 & in Clinton County

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Fun & Gun 2018 is April 29 & in Clinton County

Post by Chuck »

https://ohioccw.org/index.php?option=co ... et=1&id=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ohioan’s for Concealed Carry is excited to announce that the Clinton County Farmers' and Sportsmen's Association is graciously hosting Fun & Gun 2018 on Sunday, April 29th, 2018 at 8am.

Fun & Gun serves as an opportunity for you to come spend a great day on the range with us shooting scenarios that are challenging and FUN! This fundraiser helps us continue our efforts improving firearms laws for law abiding Ohioans.

If you’ve ever attended FnG previously, or shot at an IDPA match you know what to expect. If you’re a first timer or a novice, don’t be shy! We’ll walk you through everything you need to know. There’s always returning participants and we’re welcoming first timers especially. You should at least have a basic understanding of firearms safety protocols. This event will be a combination of basic tactical training and IDPA type scenario stages that will simulate conditions you “may” encounter in real life concealed carry situations.

Participants will safely utilize handguns to navigate the courses of fire. Feedback from the instructors and range safety officers will help you to hone your skills. Geared for both beginning and advanced shooters, it promises to be a day of fun for all.

Below are guidelines (PLEASE take the time to read them) to help facilitate this.

Registration at the facility is at 8:00AM sharp on the day of the event. Please plan to arrive by 7:45am so you are ready to go and we stay on schedule.

After entering the main driveway, park and unload your gear. Head towards the club house. Before entering the club house, you’ll be directed towards the Safety Check area for the initial mandatory safety briefing. Again, PLEASE do this BEFORE entering the club house.

No loaded carry guns will be permitted on your person during this event. All carry guns are to be unloaded prior to arrival or at the Safety Area. Guns used for FnG may ONLY be loaded once you’re on the firing line and directed to load specifically for the course of fire (COF).

REMEMBER, safety protocols are a priority at all times. No one will remove their firearms from a holster unless instructed to do so by a Range Safety Officer during a course of fire or during the Safety Check prior to entering the classroom AND while on the range.

Food will be for sale and provided by the club. The cost is $6.00 and is NOT part of the event registration. Meal combos will consist of hamburgers, cheeseburgers, pulled pork and bratwurst. Two hot sides and a drink. Please feel free to pack your own meal or snacks (protein bars… etc.) for your comfort during the day. You may also want to bring a lightweight folding chair to use when not shooting.

This is a rain or shine outdoor event. Please be sure to dress comfortably for the weather. The stages are relatively close together. Still, wear comfortable, rugged, waterproof footwear. Hats with brims are also recommended to protect you and minimize the chance of ejected brass burning your face / eyes.

All shooters and observers are required to bring your own hearing protection, eye protection and ammunition (200 rounds minimum recommended). We strongly encourage factory ammunition. Please do not bring any hollow point ammunition. Have a minimum of two magazines for semi-automatic pistol. If you’re bringing a revolver, have at least two speed-loaders or two Speed-strips. Consider bringing magazine pouches / ammunition carriers for this equipment. A spare handgun is a good idea…just in case.

Be sure to bring a strong-side hip holster. Only strong-side holsters (Belt, Paddle, or IWB) that securely hold your gun and cover the trigger will be permitted. No cross draw holsters, shoulder holsters, ankle holsters, etc. will be allowed for safety concerns. Serpa brand holsters or any other holster that uses an index finger to release the retention mechanism are strongly discouraged due to documented safety and reliability issues. *If this is your only holster, you may bring it, however, we'd prefer to avoid the issue if possible.

We strongly recommend that you shoot (to verify your ammo works with your gun), clean, and properly lubricate your handgun prior to attending the event. In addition, practice your draw and presentation from your holster while wearing the gear you plan to wear for Fun n Gun (ponchos, rain coats, etc.). Please be aware of and avoid drawstrings on your clothes. They are a safety issue. Be sure to have a good belt to support your gear. A sturdy range bag will be one of your best friends.

Please leave all firearms safely cased or holstered until a Range Safety Officer provides instructions. Anyone legally carrying their firearm in a holster will have an opportunity to swap out their carry ammo prior to the Safety/Skills briefing as directed by a Range Safety Officer. Following the safety check, you will be asked to meet in the main classroom to complete the check-in and receive additional event materials.

After a welcoming presentation, we will break the participants up into several shooting groups that will rotate through the shooting stations. Each group will have OFCC staff member as group leaders. Your group leader will help you with any questions or issues you may have during the event.

IMPORTANT - During the registration, some individuals used their own name more than once. We assume that's because you're bringing a guest(s), please forward those names to us ASAP after registering.

We do our best to place people in groups with their friends. If circumstances dictate you not being in a friend’s group, we’d greatly appreciate your understanding. This will be done on a first come first serve basis, so plan accordingly. To request being in a particular group, please contact Jay Klein at jklein@ohioccw.org after you’ve registered.

If you are unable to make it to the event after registering, please contact us ASAP. If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you again for your support! We’re looking forward to seeing you there!

https://ohioccw.org/index.php?option=co ... et=1&id=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Brian D.

Re: Fun & Gun 2018 is April 29 & in Clinton County

Post by Brian D. »

CCFSA is a nice facility.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Hotels in the area :?:
Last edited by steves 50de on Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Rifles Matter
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

steves 50de wrote:Hotels in the area :?:
Lodging info from Kim (THANKS!)
All of these are less than 15 minutes from the club. Hampton and Holiday Inn I can recommend without reservation. Royalton stood vacant for several years before reopening a year or so ago. Wilmington Inn is locally owned - nothin' fancy.

Hampton:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hampt ... 83.7982996" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Holiday Inn Express:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Holid ... 83.7978885" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Royalton:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Royal ... 83.8026951" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wilmington Inn:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wilmi ... 83.8130021" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Note on the first two: Early reservations are a good idea. We have an equestrian center that tends to have events seemingly non-stop, and the horsie people suck up a lot of rooms.

Almost forgot - one more place north of town right off I-71 - only maybe an extra five minutes to the club...

https://www.robertscentre.com/holiday-inn/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

I'm curious as to the request not to bring hollow points. I have a bunch of old carry ammo that I'd to burn up at some point (maybe not at Fun N Gun). I've never run across a hollow point restriction in an event like this and I'm curious as to why.
I've had consistently good results with ether.
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Bianchi? wrote:I'm curious as to the request not to bring hollow points. I have a bunch of old carry ammo that I'd to burn up at some point (maybe not at Fun N Gun). I've never run across a hollow point restriction in an event like this and I'm curious as to why.

I *THINK* TDI asked us to restrict hollow points due to steel plates. We'll have steel plates at this event too.
Best to not take any chances of a misc. HP getting pushed down range at the steel.

I imagine there will be other opportunities to use up those pesky hollow points elsewhere (like Salem, if you ever make it back.
:wink:
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Jake wrote:
Bianchi? wrote:I'm curious as to the request not to bring hollow points. I have a bunch of old carry ammo that I'd to burn up at some point (maybe not at Fun N Gun). I've never run across a hollow point restriction in an event like this and I'm curious as to why.

I *THINK* TDI asked us to restrict hollow points due to steel plates. We'll have steel plates at this event too.
Best to not take any chances of a misc. HP getting pushed down range at the steel.

I imagine there will be other opportunities to use up those pesky hollow points elsewhere (like Salem, if you ever make it back.
:wink:
Jake hope you are trying to sell a dress again this year. :twisted:
Black Rifles Matter
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Steve,

Ya never know. What size do you wear? :wink:

You know, whatever the scenario may be, there will an extra special surprise lurking...just for YOU. :twisted:

http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Jake wrote:Steve,

Ya never know. What size do you wear? :wink:

You know, whatever the scenario may be, there will an extra special surprise lurking...just for YOU. :twisted:
You mean like handing me an unloaded gun AGAIN. :roll: You and your partner are dead meat this time. :lol:
Black Rifles Matter
RichN

Post by RichN »

I am the Rifle and Pistol committee chairman and also a safety officer at CCFSA.

Hollow points are fine. What we don't want to see is any tracers, steel core bullets, anything with a muzzle velocity over 1,600 fps, or a power factor greater greater than 300; so leave your .44 Magnums and FN Five-Sevens at home.

For those not familiar with how to calculate power factor, it is simply bullet weight in grains multiplied by velocity in feet per second divided by 1,000.
For example, a 200 grain bullet with a muzzle velocity of 800 fps has a power factor of 160 (200 x 800 / 1000).
"Those who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Thanks for clarifying things Rich!
:D

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

I’m getting a little excited about this
Everybody got their reservations?
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

I'm getting REALLY psyched!

The facilities at this year's location sound perfect.

For those who are signed up already, plan to bring extra ammo because if registration remains on the lighter side, you'll be getting plenty of trigger time.
:D

Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Greetings,

On behalf of OFCC, let me thank you once again for your support for this year's FnG event! We hope you're looking forward to it as much as we are.

Bring mucho mucho amounts of ammo!

If you have a friend that wants to come, bring them and they can pay at the door Sunday!

We'll be doing Force on Force again, so...if you're so inclined, feel free to bring your own air soft mask if you have one.

Please remember, lunch will be available for purchase, so bring your wallet. Lunch isn't included with your event registration.

It's imperative that you arrive on time Sunday morning. Registration begins at 8am sharp. You'll be directed where to go for a brief safety skills check PRIOR to entering the Clubhouse.

This event will be a combination of basic tactical training and IDPA type scenario stages that will simulate conditions you “may” encounter in real life concealed carry situations.

Participants will safely utilize handguns to navigate the courses of fire. Feedback from the instructors and range safety officers will help you to hone your skills. Geared for both beginning and advanced shooters, it promises to be a day of fun for all.

Below are guidelines (PLEASE take the time to read them) to help facilitate this.

Registration at the facility is at 8:00AM sharp on the day of the event. Please plan to arrive by 7:45am so you are ready to go and we stay on schedule.

After entering the main driveway, park and unload your gear. Head towards the club house.

Before entering the club house, you’ll be directed towards the Safety Check area for the initial mandatory safety briefing. Again, PLEASE do this BEFORE entering the club house.

No loaded carry guns will be permitted on your person during this event. All carry guns are to be unloaded prior to arrival or at the Safety Area. Guns used for FnG may ONLY be loaded once you’re on the firing line and directed to load specifically for the course of fire (COF).

REMEMBER, safety protocols are a priority at all times. No one will remove their firearms from a holster unless instructed to do so by a Range Safety Officer during a course of fire or during the Safety Check prior to entering the classroom AND while on the range.

Food will be for sale and provided by the club. The cost is $6.00 and is NOT part of the event registration. Meal combos will consist of hamburgers, cheeseburgers, pulled pork and bratwurst. Two hot sides and a drink. Please feel free to pack your own meal or snacks (protein bars… etc.) for your comfort during the day. You may also want to bring a lightweight folding chair to use when not shooting.

This is a rain or shine outdoor event. Please be sure to dress comfortably for the weather. The stages are relatively close together, but you should wear comfortable, rugged, waterproof footwear. Hats with brims are also recommended to protect you and minimize the chance of ejected brass burning your face / eyes.

All shooters and observers are required to bring your own hearing protection, eye protection and ammunition (200 rounds minimum recommended). We strongly encourage factory ammunition. Have a minimum of two magazines for semi-automatic pistol. If you’re bringing a revolver, it's recommended that you have at least two speed-loaders or two Speed-strips. Consider bringing magazine pouches / ammunition carriers for this equipment. A spare handgun is a good idea…just in case.

Be sure to bring a strong-side hip holster. Only strong-side holsters (Belt, Paddle, or IWB) that securely hold your gun and cover the trigger will be permitted. No cross draw holsters, shoulder holsters, ankle holsters, etc. will be allowed for safety concerns. Serpa brand holsters or any other holster that uses an index finger to release the retention mechanism are strongly discouraged due to documented safety and reliability issues. *If this is your only holster, you may bring it, however, we'd prefer to avoid the issue if possible.

We strongly recommend that you shoot (to verify your ammo works with your gun), clean, and properly lubricate your handgun prior to attending the event. In addition, practice your draw and presentation from your holster while wearing the gear you plan to wear for Fun n Gun (ponchos, rain coats, etc.). Please be aware of and avoid drawstrings on your clothes. They are a safety issue. Be sure to have a good belt to support your gear. A sturdy range bag will be one of your best friends.

Please leave all firearms safely cased or holstered until a Range Safety Officer provides instructions. Anyone legally carrying their firearm in a holster will have an opportunity to swap out their carry ammo prior to the Safety/Skills briefing as directed by a Range Safety Officer. Following the safety check, you will be asked to meet in the main classroom to complete the check-in and receive additional event materials.

After a welcoming presentation, we will split into several shooting groups that will rotate through the shooting stations. Each group will have OFCC staff members as group leaders. Your group leader will help you with any questions or issues you may have during the event.

Thank you again for your support! We’re looking forward to seeing you there!
PS, a Big THANKS to the Clinton County Farmers' and Sportman's Assoc.

someguy

Post by someguy »

Just wanted to give a BIG Thanks to the people who put this thing together. I for one had a fantastic time!!