Camp Perry spring pistol pop up shoot 2018

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Camp Perry spring pistol pop up shoot 2018

Post by Javelin Man »

Myself and at least two of my students will be shooting zombies.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

At this time the weather is cold in the morning warming up to 49 and party sunny. Lets hope it will be a little warmer. :wink:
Black Rifles Matter
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

[quote="steves 50de"]At this time the weather is cold in the morning warming up to a still cold 39 .......revised forecast :lol:
Black Rifles Matter
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

Had another great day at camp Perry, it was a little cold and windy but not bad at all. My buddy Doug and I were on position 5 for the first 10 relays. I shot my 226 on relay 3 and 9 and scored 35 and 39 respectively, I used my carry gun (sig 320) on relay 5 scored 39. Finally on relay 7 I shot my new (to me) Sig 220 and scored a 27.

with the .45 I thought I handled the reloads well but then I got a double feed (fte), even though I practiced malfunction drills a lot, when it actually happened in real life I choked. In all my years of shooting I never had it happen, so once I realized what was happening I tried to drop the mag and it didnt fall, after staring at it for a min. I remembered to pull it out rack the slide and reload. thats when I lost count of how many rounds were left in that mag. after 2 shots I dumped it and grabbed another. while it seemed like forever the whole thing only cost me 4 points, most of the other 9 misses came after that.

I got flustered and it cost me more points than the malfunction did.

All in all it was a great time as usual, 39 is my personal best and Im still chasing that 40. It looked like a good turnout there were quite a few shooters there and more women than I have ever seen at a pop up.

To anyone who is thinking about going to a pop up shoot, I say please just do it you will not regret it!

All the best, Bob.
A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. -Thomas Jefferson

Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a freight train coming your way. -Metallica (No Leaf Clover)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
cpg
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by cpg »

It was nice having the wind at our backs for a change!

I didn’t think I would make it this year but had my plans cancel at last minute. Got out there a little past noon and signed up for 2 relays. Used my new to me Glock 21 and only had one failure to feed. Ended up shooting poorly with scores of 20 & 22, but still had a good time as usual.
One of these years I’ll try the rifle pop ups.
People say firearm owners are compensating for something.
I am compensating for being smaller and weaker than most criminals.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

I got fancy with my magazine reloads and it kept costing me a few plus one failure to feed. I ended up scoring two 37's and a 36. I had a 31 on lane 8 which had a zombie which wouldn't go down. The RO told me to count them as scores so I added the 7 to make a 38.

Great time!
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George