Camp Perry Snowflake Shoot Sat Nov 11

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Camp Perry Snowflake Shoot Sat Nov 11

Post by steves 50de »

I think you made the right move javelin. We stood in line an hour and a half to register not fun .22 degrees :shock:
It was nice to see don and bob. Only shot two relays due to weather.
Once again thanks to don we figured out where the rounds were going first relay was 19 and the second was 32. Shot relays with roman AK with 4 power scope.
Black Rifles Matter
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Sounds like your relays were educational. Last year I shot a 17, and after tightening my scope mount, switching to the rubber block instead of bipod, taking my hat off so it wouldn't fall over my eyes, and making sure the magazine didn't fall out, scored a 37.

Two of my graduated students went, only one shot but he got a 39,40, 16 (offhand shooting with iron sights), and a 38.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Javelin Man wrote:Sounds like your relays were educational. Last year I shot a 17, and after tightening my scope mount, switching to the rubber block instead of bipod, taking my hat off so it wouldn't fall over my eyes, and making sure the magazine didn't fall out, scored a 37.

Two of my graduated students went, only one shot but he got a 39,40, 16 (offhand shooting with iron sights), and a 38.
I hear you, if the weather was better and a few more relays i like to think those would be in the high 30's.
I hope the fall shoot comes back next year.
Black Rifles Matter
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

My son and I got delayed at the GSM match next door on Petraca Range.
We both shot the last relay ( they said it was relay #27).

I shot a 34 out of 40. Meh. Below par for me, but with a SWAG sight-in and surplus 62grain foriegn machinegun ammo.

A fun time none the less! :)
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
screwman
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by screwman »

Did ya give those snowflakes a runnin' start?
Mike

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

screwman wrote:Did ya give those snowflakes a runnin' start?
That was another reason I didn't go; I was told no actual snowflakes would be in the field, just the target dummies. But I repeat myself. :lol:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George