Fun N Gun Roll Call And AAR

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Fun N Gun Roll Call And AAR

Post by Mustang380gal »

So tomorrow is the annual Fun N Gun.

Who will be there? Whatcha gonna shoot?

I am bringing Ted and two minions. All of us will be shooting 1911s.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Fun N Gun Role Call

Post by JustaShooter »

I am going and bringing Mrs. JustaShooter, and a good friend of mine & instructor partner as well as gun show helper. I'll be shooting my SA XDs in .45, she will be shooting her Ruger LC9s in 9mm, and I can't recall what my friend will be using - probably a Glock.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

I will be riding with & shooting with my buddy nu3gawhat and I will primarily be running my daily carry gun, a Walther PPQm2, 9mm and drawing from a leather IWB holster. In the very unlikey event that my EDC has a failure, I will call in to service my previous EDC, a Glock 29, 10mm but running a KKM .40 S&W barrel.

As an alternate/fun gun, I will have my Coonan Classic in a Zglonje shark skin OWB holster, and it will be stoked not with it's typical fodder (.357 Magnum) but rather with some very zippy 125gr .38 Special that it also loves to eat.

I will probably spend time before shooting and during lunch harrassing Pirateguy191 and Steve'sRidiculous.50cal. The discussion almost always drifts to... sheep.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

My wife and I will be there. I'll be shooting an M&P compact 9mm, with the full size M&P for backup. My wife will be shooting a Ruger LC9s, with a LC9 for backup.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

I plan on leaving the 50 cal at home this time sorry Chris. :lol: I' am shooting a shield in 9mm this year,... my 1911 will be the back up this time. This will be bills 3rd fun and gun and I think this is my fifth. Can't wait to see everyone Chuck, Jake, :twisted: the weather looks good and should be a great day to shoot.
Black Rifles Matter
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

steves 50de wrote:I plan on leaving the 50 cal at home this time sorry Chris. :lol: I' am shooting a shield in 9mm this year,... my 1911 will be the back up this time. This will be bills 3rd fun and gun and I think this is my fifth. Can't wait to see everyone Chuck, Jake, :twisted: the weather looks good and should be a great day to shoot.
I'm bringing big bore Taurus revolvers...
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Huh. The last time I went to Fun 'n Gun, I brought a big bore Taurus revolver. And the damn thing left with Morne!
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

They're fickle.
Sky Pilot

Post by Sky Pilot »

I am sunburnt, I am tired, I managed to bring the only batch of stealth bullets Winchester ever loaded, I shot worse on the falling plates stage than I've shot in my LIFE, and I have a grin on my face as broad as two Texas townships! :mrgreen:
Just got home from Fun 'n' Gun!
My first time and God willing it won't be my last, I found it instructive and an awful lot of fun!
Center Township Combat Pistol League
TARDIS driver, NRA Endowment!
"I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Sky Pilot wrote:My first time and God willing it won't be my last, I found it instructive and an awful lot of fun!
Glad to hear that!

I had a great group today, and we couldn't ask for much better weather. Great conversations, great topics, and some things to think about out of the force-on-force scenarios!

Though, I do question Chuck's and Jake's relationship after today.... :twisted:
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

First time I've attended FnG. Great event, lots of fun and I enjoyed meeting a number of forum memebers in person.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

I only saw this topic as I was about to start a new one for After Action Reports
I guess this one will do

We had about forty shooters for five shooting stages, as well as the force on force and Morne's "shoot the hand cannon if you dare" stage

I worked the force on force with Jake, and had a great time and hopefully gave everyone something to think about on the way home
The scenario was a restaurant or cafe setting, with the participants being seated at their table while I played patty cake and other baby games with a life sized baby doll at another table. Jake would come in and start quarreling with me and about domestic matters (it became apparent we were gay lovers with a child) and the situation escalated from there. Sometimes he would grab my phone and look to see who I had been calling, sometime he would pick up my e cig and accuse my of smoking in front of the baby, sometimes he would just try to take the baby and leave. Sometimes he would smack me right out of the chair onto the floor, baby and all. In almost all of them we would end of wrasling for the baby and then the guns would come out.

People got shot in the front, back, and with their own gun even. The baby died, I died, Jake died. The only people who didn't die was 1) the last man standing, or 2) those who just got up and left as soon as the things got ugly.

My personal notes:
People seemed to think the scenarios were realistic and yet surprised at how quickly things escalated
Jake's best move:
One guy tried to manhandle Jake from the front as he was holding the baby and I had Jake by rear trying to keep him from taking the baby. Jake reached out and took the guys gun from his holster and shot him holding the gun upside down and using his little finger on the trigger
Chuck's best move:
One guy was trying to break us up in a similar situation but this time after thirty or forty seconds of shoving/pulling, I let Jake go out of the way and stood there with my arms at my sides, elbows in and hands out sideways, showing him my empty palms, and he shot me at less than three feet! I asked him "Why did you shoot me?" and he thought for a minute and said "I don't know. I shouldn't have done that."
Contestant's best violent move:
Mustang Gal's husband grabbed Jake's arm and used him for cover while he reached over top of him to shoot me. Range, five to six feet, three in the chest and belly.
Contestant's best defensive move:
First couple of the day, husband and wife, are sitting there and Jake knocks me out of the chair. I draw my gun from the ground and before I finish their table is on its side, they're behind it and both have guns pointing at us. We surrendered or it would have been a blood bath. What a way for us to start the day!
Contestant's best avoidance move:
At the first sign of a loud, domestic situation, someone said "We should go" and they both got up and walked out without a word. This happened two and a half times, with our beloved president walking out all alone, dialing 911 once he hit the exit door. He left his dinner partner there to be slaughtered.
Best advice for the day:
Avoidance, avoidance, avoidance! And keep your head on a swivel
Unanswered question of the day:
EVERY single guy that Jake seated with his back to the room moved his chair to the other side of the table BEFORE LUNCH.
NO ONE moved their chair to the other side of the table AFTER LUNCH, although a couple did move so that they could see the room a little bit better.
Is there some psychological reason for this?

Final note:
Today my chest and stomach have so many red spots it looks like chicken pox
I'll wear a vest next year
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Fun N Gun Role Call And AAR

Post by Jake »

We hope everyone had a (1) SAFE, (2) FUN and (3) EDUCATIONAL day. Speaking for the OFCC Staff, we had a great time.
All the work that goes into it is well worth it,IF...you gained some knowledge and left a safer and better shooter.

We couldn't have done this without the generosity of the membership of The Rochester Rod and Gun Club. They were VERY welcoming. They also served up a great lunch.

As Chuck noted, he and I worked all day at the FOF Stage.
Some of the participants had experienced this type of thing before, but roughly half didn't.

We had four (4) VERY realistic semi auto Glock air soft pistols to arm everyone with. Those are really something special for this type of stage. It brings a true element of realism to things...unlike my rubber spatula knife that some of you saw...or... saw Chuck get bludgeoned with.

One thing we hope we were able to convey was that sometimes...it's better to get out safely rather than jump into a fracas that isn't even your business.

Some people wanted to make it their business once they saw a baby involved.

One person (and I'm NOT trying to embarrass anyone) after they were slaughtered by Chuck, tried to defend their actions by saying "...we have a duty to protect others... we took an oath..."

I asked when the last time was that they had read the Atty. Gen's. Law Handbook. They said about 5 years. It may as well have been 20 years because, none of what the person claimed was ever part of the content.

After explaining that, I inquired about their marital status and if they had children and how now the spouse and kids would have to deal with life without them (because they got drilled for getting in the middle of something they shouldn't have). I wish I had a camera to capture that light bulb moment when THAT realization hit them like a steam roller.

I've already thought of a few new stages for next year. Can't wait.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GWC

Post by GWC »

Nancy and I had a great time as always.

Among the regulars posters, I only know Jake by sight, but I guess I met a bunch of you anyway. already figuring some out by their post

I haven't been shooting much the last few years so it was good to shake off some of the rust from my perishable skills!

Thanks Jake for a great force on force experience. I guess I know who Chuck is now. Great acting with the baby doll.

Met TechMike, he was my group leader. thanks for everything.

Should have realized who Morne was, duh. Thanks for letting us shoot the howitzer. That thing needs some wheels.

And thanks to the Rochester Gun Club and all of the volunteers from RGC and OFCC.

Always fun to shoot in a cowboy town, even though it was with a Sig P320.

Anybody have a link to pictures?

Thanks,

Greg
"The police are not here to create disorder. They are here to preserve disorder".
Mayor Richard Daley, 1968

I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Ignoring and walking away from a helpless, defenseless baby being abused would be a tough decision regardless of the circumstances.