Appleseed-Full Distance, New Philadelphia, OH

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Birdman

Appleseed-Full Distance, New Philadelphia, OH

Post by Birdman »

Those that have attained Rifleman status and Project Appleseed Instructors are invited to attend. Check website for pricing.
June 10 and 11th, 2017. Let's see what you got boys (and girls).
There is another scheduled for November 11 and 12th also.

I am signed up as Instructor, Corvette is Shoot Boss.

We start at 100yds, shooting at our full size "Silhouette" target, sighting in first. You can even use a rest for the sighting in process.
Not sure about this year but last year, after sighting in at 100yds we then did Stage 1 of the AQT, 10 shots offhand in 2 minutes.
Hits count, so no actual scoring (I like that!)

We then sighted in at 200yds, got good come-up data, then did stage 2 of the AQT, 10 shots, standing to sitting (or kneeling), with a mag change, in 55 seconds.

Then out to 300yds, get good come-ups, and then AQT Stage 3, 10 shots, standing to prone, with a mag change, in 65 seconds.

And lastly 400yds, get come-ups again, then Stage 4 of the AQT, 10 shots, slow fire prone, 5 minutes.

If you get 40 out of 50 you will earn a LONG DISTANCE patch. Besides shooting, we learn more about trajectory, wind, and other good info.

Only a few spots left for June.
See more here:
Appleseed KD June
Appleseed KD Nov

(the EventBrite site seems to show some confusing dates for both these events---the date on the top line is correct--I am trying to get that corrected)
“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds”-Sam Adams

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
- Mark Twain, Notebook, 1935
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Appleseed-Full Distance, New Philadelphia, OH

Post by JU-87 »

Sounds like a great course.

It sounds almost (4/5's?) like a NRA rifle or a CMP Service Rifle Match. :)

This sounds like a great "next step" for folks who have qualified "Rifleman".
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.