Video of last night's BASS match

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Video of last night's BASS match

Post by dl1911 »

Many thanks to everyone who has come out this year. This is me having some fun with a SIG P226 in 357SIG at the last match of the year. Went with some nice reloads (115gr Barry's with 8.8gr of Power Pistol behind it) to end the year with a bang. Hope to see lots of new faces next year for some safe fun on the range. What, doesn't everyone have a Santa ball cap to celebrate the season and help keep brass out of your face?

https://youtu.be/hbg5JHhp9H8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Video of last night's BASS match

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Watched some of that video, dl. And looks like fun to me........but not everybody looks as good in a hat like that as "you" do. :P
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:Watched some of that video, dl. And looks like fun to me........but not everybody looks as good in a hat like that as "you" do. :P
Thanks but I don't think I look that good in anything. Especially not with the poor shooting. Much too long taking the shots in most cases and a few misses on the plates (think it was during weak hand only which I really need to practice more).
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Not being critical but critically speaking, when you draw, your gun comes up past your sight line then back down to your target. It's more noticeable on the first video.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

pirateguy191 wrote:Not being critical but critically speaking, when you draw, your gun comes up past your sight line then back down to your target. It's more noticeable on the first video.
I tend to agree. Video cameras and shot timers don't mean to be cruel teachers but it's pointless to ignore them.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.