Members please!

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Members please!

Post by Chuck »

Members wanted !!

Founded in 1999, Ohioans for Concealed Carry is Ohio's premier grassroots gun rights organization. OFCC was instrumental
in the passage of the concealed carry laws in Ohio and has been involved with nearly every reform since:
• 2004 - HB12, the first CCW license law ever passed and signed into law in the State of Ohio. While OFCC built on the
efforts of organizations that came before us, OFCC was the key organization in the development and passage of that law
• 2006 - ORC 9.68 modification to grant statewide preemption on firearm laws
• 2008 - Castle Doctrine passed, which presumes innocence if a person defends themselves in their home or their car and
requires an officer who seizes a firearm during a traffic stop to return it unless there is a firearm violation
• 2009 - The legal age for purchasing handguns was lowered to 18 for members of the military and allows for a previous
held CHL being presented to count as training certification
• 2011 - Restaurant Carry and relaxed restrictions on carrying handguns in automobiles and improved relief from firearms
disability
• 2012 - Simplified the CHL laws by eliminating redundant language, changing the definition of the term “loaded handgun”
to mean a gun without ammo in it, also allowed storage of a handgun in your car in the Statehouse Parking garage
• 2014 Removal of the 31+ round magazine restriction, allowed transfers of long guns in non-contiguous states, CLEO "shall sign" provision for National Firearms Act (NFA) restricted items, allowed suppressors while hunting, and as a result of adding the NICS check when issuing licenses, allowed FFLs to use a license issued or renewed March 23 2015 or later in place of performing a background check when selling a firearm.
• 2016 Car storage at school events, as long as the gun stays in the car, and several more places we can carry even though the law says they must still be posted. OFCC did not have a presence during the final late, late hours of the session and this is the sad result. Now we have to finish the job and get the law to make sense

OFCC has two separate cases against anti-gun cities winding their way through the appeals courts. Our lawsuit against the City of Oberlin is currently before the 9th District Court of Appeals. Meanwhile, we have a lawsuit against the famously anti-gun City of Cleveland that is now at the 8th District Court of Appeals. It is likely that one or both of these cases may well end up (again) in front of the Ohio Supreme Court before they can be resolved on the side of freedom. These cases are an immense drain on our resources

OFCC strongly encourages training and bonding through many OFCC activities planned each year with the list growing all
the time. Check out OhioCCW.org for our big events and OhioCCWForums.org for small get-togethers.
• Springtime Fun ’n Gun at either the Rochester Rod and Gun Club or the famous Tactical Defense Institute (TDI)
• Summertime Party in the Park where OFCC brings in guest speakers to talk about your firearm rights
• OFCC also supports local gatherings throughout the year at restaurants and parks for members just to say hi to each other

We need your help to keep OFCC strong. The more voices we have, the harder we are to ignore by those who would choose to take away your gun rights. Our strength is in our members and we truly cannot do it without you. This is a critical time for our gun rights in Ohio and together we can ensure freedom for ourselves and our children.

A one year membership is $25 and a Patron membership is $60

New members join here

Renew your membership here

Donate to OFCC
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Members please!

Post by scottb »

Is the login for OFCC different than for the forum? If so, how do I get the badge on the avatar in the forum as a member? Thanks in advance!
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”― George Carlin
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

scottb wrote:Is the login for OFCC different than for the forum?
Yes
scottb wrote:If so, how do I get the badge on the avatar in the forum as a member? Thanks in advance!
Register for the main page with the same email address as you use for the forum and it should automagically give you the badge on the forum when you have a current paid membership.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

JustaShooter wrote:
scottb wrote:Is the login for OFCC different than for the forum?
Yes
scottb wrote:If so, how do I get the badge on the avatar in the forum as a member? Thanks in advance!
Register for the main page with the same email address as you use for the forum and it should automagically give you the badge on the forum when you have a current paid membership.
And if that doesn't work, please PM JediSkipdog
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by scottb »

Done - thank you.
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”― George Carlin
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

scottb wrote:Done - thank you.
And thank *you* for becoming a Patron member and helping support OFCC!
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
AzRanger
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by AzRanger »

I tried to renew my membership and had to send an help email to figure it out!! Why is it so difficult to donate or renew to this group? Really frustrating! :roll:
God made man, Colt made them equal
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

AzRanger wrote:I tried to renew my membership and had to send an help email to figure it out!! Why is it so difficult to donate or renew to this group? Really frustrating! :roll:
What are you stuck on? I think log in and renew is pretty simple. Donations require no logging in.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
AzRanger
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by AzRanger »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
AzRanger wrote:I tried to renew my membership and had to send an help email to figure it out!! Why is it so difficult to donate or renew to this group? Really frustrating! :roll:
What are you stuck on? I think log in and renew is pretty simple. Donations require no logging in.

I forgot my password and when they send a verification code to my email, I copy and paste it and it says they don't recognize the code they just sent me!!! I've tried this dozens of times!! I've been a member for 10 years!! Donations DO require a log in according to the page I get! This is ridiculous, why is it so hard to send money??? :x
AzRanger
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by AzRanger »

Got it straightened out, thanks!! 8)
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

AzRanger wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:

I forgot my password and when they send a verification code to my email, I copy and paste it and it says they don't recognize the code they just sent me!!! I've tried this dozens of times!! I've been a member for 10 years!! Donations DO require a log in according to the page I get! This is ridiculous, why is it so hard to send money??? :x
I just wanted to update this. I apologize now as I did not realize I turned the registration on when I set the donation link up. It has subsequently been turned off and now all one needs to donate is a credit card, their billing address, and how much they would like to donate. Nothing else should be required now so it should be much easier.

Unfortunately, I can't make memberships any easier as the login is required to link prior memberships together.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

jasmyndube wrote:I get the badge on the avatar in the forum as a member? Thanks in advance!
That's correct.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand