Regional holiday season Meet 'n' Eats, anyone?

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

mreising

Re: Regional holiday season Meet 'n' Eats, anyone?

Post by mreising »

I'm still waiting for BrianD to set up a SW Ohio M n E. I thought our rule down here in this part of the state was whoever brings it up is responsible for setting it up.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

[quote="schmiegthink will attend ?

HOpe you have a good turn out...Happy New Year...[/quote]

Glad you had a good turn out for conversations sake.

From what I hear, I think there's about eight so far , not counting myself.....and then there will probably be spouses and some kids also.

I DO hope the op. goes well , as I've had some issues in that direction as well and will be thinking of ya Carmen.[/quote]

I was being sarcastic about the hemorrhoids... :)[/quote]
Oh, that means you'll still be crabby after that date.[/quote]

YEP.....I would say grumpy ...crabby is more for females...

All kidding aside...that M&G is a bit far for me....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

mreising wrote:I'm still waiting for BrianD to set up a SW Ohio M n E. I thought our rule down here in this part of the state was whoever brings it up is responsible for setting it up.
Sure, but I won't take much time picking a date and such. far as location, I say Golden Corral either Eastgate, Forest Park, or Mason/Montgomery location. SW'ers chime in with your choice, and whether weekday or weekend dinner time is best. Heck it could be breakfast or lunch for that matter. But speak up quick, like by the end of this week, or live with whatever I choose. On this thread or PM if you are one of those shy sneaky types.. :mrgreen:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Tomorrow I'll follow up my post just above. Right now the thought in my head is to plan for not one but TWO different events. One may be a Saturday or Sunday breakfast, the other a different weekend for an afternoon meal. Both will fit perfectly into wherever else my plans take me in the direction of. Hint: Ohio Gun Collectors Show one weekend, (January 7-8) the Goodman show in Sharonville (Sunday January 22 only) for the other. I'm working and unavailable Saturday the 21st so heck with that day, even though the show is both days.

Will certainly entertain other restaurant suggestions but The Golden Corral at I-71/Fields Ertel Road exit #19 is on my way to or from OGCA. As for Sharonville, I'll suggest the Frisch's just east of 1-75/Sharon Road exit #15. In both cases there are several other dining options at those exits. Again, I'll await more input from others until tomorrow sometime.

********************************************************************************
mreising

Post by mreising »

I'm good with I-71&Mason Montgomery Golden Corral, just not on weekend of 15th. Breakfast is good for me, other meals work also.

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Didn't forget this thread, just got busy with other stuff the last several hours. I'll firm things up later on Sunday.

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Okay let's go with:

-Saturday January 7th at 5pm or so at Golden Corral, I-71 exit 19, Mason-Montgomery Rd. just south of Fields Ertel Rd. I'll show up a little earlier and make sure we can get a couple tables together. I'll even call ahead to work on that, but GC isn't that great about the whole reservation thing.

-Sunday January 22nd, 8am-ish at Frisch's on Sharon Rd. just east of I-75 exit 15. That's only about a half mile from the Goodman gun show over on Chester Rd.

Those two dates/times/places fit my plans both days anyway, don't thank me for taking the initiative. :mrgreen: Looking forward to seeing whoever can join me.

steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Brian D. wrote:Okay let's go with:

-Saturday January 7th at 5pm or so at Golden Corral, I-71 exit 19, Mason-Montgomery Rd. just south of Fields Ertel Rd. I'll show up a little earlier and make sure we can get a couple tables together. I'll even call ahead to work on that, but GC isn't that great about the whole reservation thing.

-Sunday January 22nd, 8am-ish at Frisch's on Sharon Rd. just east of I-75 exit 15. That's only about a half mile from the Goodman gun show over on Chester Rd.

Those two dates/times/places fit my plans both days anyway, don't thank me for taking the initiative. :mrgreen: Looking forward to seeing whoever can join me.
How far is that from Cleveland. :lol:
Black Rifles Matter
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Probably four hours with Carmen driving, Steve. :lol:

schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Brian D. wrote:Probably four hours with Carmen driving, Steve. :lol:
I didn't know Carmen drove that fast.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Wow...first laughs of the year from non-comedians....Brian who walks as slow as I drive and the other guy (coordinator ) who I can't say much about because of his high ranking in this multi million dollar organization...

I'd like to come but it is to far to travel just to see a bunch of gun nuts..some of which I'm sure will have their AR's slung across their chests and extra large bellies.

HAve a good time and behave....Golden Coral, doesn't get any better then that. :roll:
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Wow...first laughs of the year from non-comedians....Brian who walks as slow as I drive and the other guy (coordinator ) who I can't say much about because of his high ranking in this multi million dollar organization...

I'd like to come but it is to far to travel just to see a bunch of gun nuts..some of which I'm sure will have their AR's slung across their chests and extra large bellies.

HAve a good time and behave....Golden Coral, doesn't get any better then that. :roll:
We'll miss you, but don't worry. I'm sure we can talk about you while you aren't there.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
mreising

Post by mreising »

carmen fovozzo wrote: I'd like to come but it is to far to travel just to see a bunch of gun nuts..some of which I'm sure will have their AR's slung across their chests and extra large bellies.

Just like with magazines, that's a standard capacity belly.

Mark
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

schmieg wrote:
carmen fovozzo wrote:Wow...first laughs of the year from non-comedians....Brian who walks as slow as I drive and the other guy (coordinator ) who I can't say much about because of his high ranking in this multi million dollar organization...

We'll miss you, but don't worry. I'm sure we can talk about you while you aren't there.

I'll have a plant there...
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

....Golden Coral, doesn't get any better then that. :roll:
Speaking of comedians, Carmen, you may indeed be the Norm Crosby of the typed word. It's "Golden Corral" as in, tie on our feedbags. NOT 'Golden Coral', that would probably be a place to get aquarium supplies. Or maybe a restaurant specializing in sea urchins? :mrgreen:

Now, you got anything bad to say about Frisch's, big boy? :lol: