NRA National Matches leaving Camp Perry.

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

NRA National Matches leaving Camp Perry.

Post by JU-87 »

:shock: I don't know if this is a good idea...

NRA Moving National High Power Rifle Championships from Camp Perry
In an effort to keep the National High Power Rifle Championships up to the high standards that competitors have enjoyed for over one-hundred years, the NRA will move the Championship from its historic home at Camp Perry, OH, to Camp Atterbury, IN. This change in venue will take effect during the 2017 National Matches, pending approval by the NRA Board of Directors in January 2017.

Dennis Willing, director of NRA Competitive Shooting explained the decision.
https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2016/11/ ... amp-perry/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: NRA National Matches leaving Camp Perry.

Post by Sevens »

Speaking just historically...

There are no words. Perry has hosted this seemingly since it was rocks and spears.

I have never once competed in High Power but have been there many times and witnessed it. This is genuine American history and it makes me sad.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

The NRA has been there since 1907. I'd really like to know why they are leaving/splitting with the CMP. :(

I'll still be there shooting in CMP matches. :)
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

They should have enough class to at least pick different days rather acting like a bunch of petulant children. Money says there are some sour grapes involved somewhere.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

A friend of mine is one the of the match CSOs for the National Pistol matches. Based on the information that was relayed to him, the NRA and CMP are at odds over cost sharing of the matches. This is supposedly just the final straw in the whole set of relationship problems the CMP and NRA have had going on for years now.

He suspects that there is negotiations to move the Pistol matches somewhere else as well for 2018, but he has not heard anything specifically.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Over on the Bullseye forum, they have discussed (for many many months) the idea of moving pistol to the Cardinal ShootIng Center north of Columbus off I-71.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Sevens wrote:Over on the Bullseye forum, they have discussed (for many many months) the idea of moving pistol to the Cardinal ShootIng Center north of Columbus off I-71.
The problem currently is that Cardinal is not even close to ready. The rumor is that that *might* have 200 bays ready for nationals this year - but it will be a tight squeeze to get it done. According to my friend, that leaves no room for error in the function of the targets and equipment as there would not be enough bays to have spares.

That said, Cardinal could be a strong candidate for 2018 matches.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

Disappointing. Money and bad personal relationships likely at fault since no real reason provided.