auction

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ashtabula

auction

Post by ashtabula »

While I'm not a big fan of auctions, I understand many people enjoy them, so I thought I would pass this along. Anglins auction services, 2431 Youngstown-Hubbard Road, Youngstown, Ohio 44505, will be auctioning off 150 guns, knives, ammo, and silver coins. Auction to be held on Nov 15, preview at 4:00pm, auction at 5:00pm. There was no phone number in the ad located in the auction guide 11/10 edition of the Farm and Dairy. There will be a 13% buyers premium, and it appears all checks must be backed up with a credit card, a few of the reasons I'm not a big fan of auctions. http://WWW.anglinsauction.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for a list, or photos at auctionzip.com id number 1087.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: auction

Post by WY_Not »

Buyer's premium?!?!?! That is just plain back-a$$wards. Premium should be paid by the seller.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

I've seen 10% premium which I've paid, but walked out on a 16% buyers premium and everything sold very low for guns. %13 is still over the line.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Any buyer premium is over the line. The auctioneer is working for the seller to sell their stuff, seller should be the one paying the premium.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
ashtabula

Post by ashtabula »

A premium is merely another way for an auctioneer to get the buyer to over bid in all the excitement. A savvy bidder sets the price they are willing to pay, then deducts any buyer premium from that number. The trick is to stay with the price you set for yourself. I find it strange that they want credit card info in the event the check is no good, I've never seen that before.