CP. Perry Fall Rifle shoot-DATE CHANGE! 11-12!

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

CP. Perry Fall Rifle shoot-DATE CHANGE! 11-12!

Post by JU-87 »

You folks gotta do this! Course simulates an Infantry assualt. Younger shooters-pretend it's Zombies. :)

Fall Snowflake Rifle Pop-up Shoot- DATE CHANGE!!
The Friends of Camp Perry along with the Ohio Rifle and Pistol
Association will hold our Combat Rifle Shoot (aka Snowflake Shoot) on
Saturday November 12th, 2016 at the Modified Record Rifle Range on
Camp Perry, in Port Clinton, Ohio. Shooting will start at 9AM and run
until there are no more shooters or 4PM, whichever comes first.
http://www.friendsofcampperry.org/RiflePopUp111216.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: CP. Perry Fall Rifle shoot-DATE CHANGE! 11-12!

Post by steves 50de »

A little over a week away who plans on going from the Cleveland area. :?:
Black Rifles Matter
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

I will be there with son and Bro. 8)
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
Birdman

Post by Birdman »

I have done this at least twice. It is a must do event! Unfortunately I have a funeral to attend that day, otherwise I would be there.
Have fun!
“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds”-Sam Adams

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
- Mark Twain, Notebook, 1935
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

My friend and I got there early, it was cold but a nice day. We setup on lane 1 for the first 7 relays had a great time as always. It looked to be a really good turnout there were still people in line when we finished at 10:00.

I scored 31, 31, 31, not too bad for me.

All the best, Bob.
A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. -Thomas Jefferson

Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a freight train coming your way. -Metallica (No Leaf Clover)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

I was on lane 4 for the 4 relays I shot. On relay one I was planning on shooting at 15 with red dot,... turned it on and dead. :roll: So I run to truck to get the ak 47 with 6 power scope, made it back to the firing line in time to shoot. The first relay was 18,... the second was 24 on the third relay don helped me out where the rounds hit relay 3 was a 33, relay 4 was a 36, thanks to dons help. :D ON relay 4 one round did not go boom it had a good primer strike :x ,... should be a 37 :lol:
Black Rifles Matter
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

I only shot twice, I was using a new AR that I put about 8 rounds through last week to try to sight in the red dot. My first score was a 12 as I found I failed to tighten the scope, then my magazine fell out on the reload and my hat kept getting in the way. I solved those problems and scored a 37 the second relay. My buddies with me scored in the low 30's to 39's with the best of the worst scores for us four was a 36.

The weather was terrific, everyone was professional and safe and it was a lot of fun! Great to see the 2nd amendment was ready to be protected.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
GaryOhio

Post by GaryOhio »

It was a great day for a shoot. I shot 4 relays 2 with my A-2 ( 33 and 34 hits) and 2 with my M-4 (37 and 37 hits). Next time I'll Zero @ 300 yds. instead of BZO @50. Hope to see you all there next time.