Some zeroes in practiscore match result

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BadCrosshairDay

Some zeroes in practiscore match result

Post by BadCrosshairDay »

Hello,

I looked at the practiscore results for a match, and some of my stages show my time and counts for A/B/C/D/M/NS correctly, but show 0 for the %, stage points, and hit factor. Anyone know why that might happen?

Thanks,
BadCrosshairDay
Brian D.

Re: Some zeroes in practiscore match result

Post by Brian D. »

Sorry that no one has responded. Wish I could help but have never done any matches using that scorekeeping system. You have me curious to do some reading up though.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

So then, this is IPSC shooting, with scoring done via an app rather than just writing it all down, math is automatically calculated, etc.? I have a couple of guesses about the zeroes. Could the stages have been thrown out for some reason, like it was too complicated, didn't follow the rules of the sport, too many people were messing it up, even to the point of being DQ'ed ? I once got DQ'ed from a stage, for safety reasons, and so did four or five other shooters out of the thirty or so who were there. Poor design, it forced shooters to break the 180 degree fault line to engage a couple targets way off to the left side of the shooting pit. The fault line for that was very hard to see. Anyhow, the match director (who hadn't set up that stage, he designed it but left the construction to helpers) ended up throwing the stage out for all shooters, and un-disqualified us when he heard what was happening.

Or, the Practiscore programming glitched somehow.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
gransport

Post by gransport »

If you had enough penalties to bring your points down to a negative number, that would result in you "zeroing" the stage.

How many points did you have?
How many M's & NS's?
What was the time?

I'm a regular at USPSA events, feel free to ask any other questions. I'll try to check back and get you an answer.
Flexmoney

Post by Flexmoney »

Perhaps too many of the M and NS ?
Kyle F.
USPSA Board of Directors - Area 5