Should next year's PITP be held on Saturday or Sunday?

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Should the 2017 PITP be held on a Saturday or a Sunday?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:13 pm

Saturday
59%
Sunday
41%

Total votes: 32

Brian D.

Re: Should next year's PITP be held on Saturday or Sunday?

Post by Brian D. »

I believe we should strive to keep the location mid-state. It seems naive to think there are cities, townships, or counties just letting anybody (especially non-locals) use their facilities for free.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Well excuse me for asking... :roll: it just seems rediculuos that a city park charges for residents to use their own facility..I did not know we did not have someone that was a resident of Powell...
..We have used facilities in other parks for OFCC...gatherings...did we pay for those ? Cleveland Hts For one..
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Well excuse me for asking... :roll: it just seems rediculuos that a city park charges for residents to use their own facility..I did not know we did not have someone that was a resident of Powell...
..We have used facilities in other parks for OFCC...gatherings...did we pay for those ? Cleveland Hts For one..
If they didn't charge then they do now. Cleveland Heights only allows rentals by residents and charges $25 plus a $50 security deposit.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Isn't local government wonderful ? They charge you to rent something you already own.... :roll:
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Isn't local government wonderful ? They charge you to rent something you already own.... :roll:
It's more to guarantee it's usage and to give others a chance as well. If they did reservations only with no charge, then I'd reserve shelters all the time just in case I wanted to do something. This method guarantees usage by those that want them and prevents them from being interrupted by other groups.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

And while the ticket price covers the catering, it doesn't cover it by much.

Suffice it to say that the PitP is NOT a fundraising event for the organization.

It is a VISIBILITY event to remind members and politicians that we are still here.

And we genuinely thank EVERY person that attended !!
MyWifeSaidYes
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:And while the ticket price covers the catering, it doesn't cover it by much.

Suffice it to say that the PitP is NOT a fundraising event for the organization.

It is a VISIBILITY event to remind members and politicians that we are still here.

And we genuinely thank EVERY person that attended !!
Nobody believed me whenever I told them that in prior years either.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
mreising

Post by mreising »

I vote with the alternate days crowd but I noted that it is not an option so I didn't vote. Oh well.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

mreising wrote:I vote with the alternate days crowd but I noted that it is not an option so I didn't vote. Oh well.
So if you want to alternate days, you ought to vote Saturday since this year's event was on a Sunday
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Chuck wrote:
mreising wrote:I vote with the alternate days crowd but I noted that it is not an option so I didn't vote. Oh well.
So if you want to alternate days, you ought to vote Saturday since this year's event was on a Sunday
That almost hung me up, too. I had to remember that the question is just about next year, not every year.
MyWifeSaidYes