Should next year's PITP be held on Saturday or Sunday?

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Should the 2017 PITP be held on a Saturday or a Sunday?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:13 pm

Saturday
59%
Sunday
41%

Total votes: 32

MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Should next year's PITP be held on Saturday or Sunday?

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

TJW815 wrote:Go big, do a two day event!
We can't afford to.

Might be an idea once we have 501(c)3 status. Then we might get a price break on the shelter rental.
MyWifeSaidYes
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

I say keep alternating it for the reasons mentioned.
I can make it either day normally, as long as I plan in advance for it and i did vote.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
TJW815 wrote:Go big, do a two day event!
We can't afford to.

Might be an idea once we have 501(c)3 status. Then we might get a price break on the shelter rental.
We pay for the Pavilions ? Thought it was owned by the city ? Maybe we should look else where....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

It's a township park, Carmen. More than that I don't know.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I live in a township and don't pay for the use of the park or pavilions...
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Hopefully Chuck or Schmieg or another OFCC'er familiar with Picnic prep will be able to enlighten us about the park we use, including how user fees work?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Brian D. wrote:Hopefully Chuck or Schmieg or another OFCC'er familiar with Picnic prep will be able to enlighten us about the park we use, including how user fees work?
We can likely use the park grounds without any charge whatsoever. But, in order to have a dedicated area, we reserve the shelter houses. This guarentees us the dedicated use of that space without any interruptions or disagreements over who should be allowed to use the space.

This is pretty common practice in order to have dedicated access to the area.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

We pay for That ?
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Unless the speakers are charging a speaking fee I don't imagine the event costs the organization that much money. I would assume the catering is covered by ticket fees.

The real question would be if attendance could be sustained for a two day event.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Pretty hard to keep everyone entertained for 2 days.... :)
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

carmen fovozzo wrote:I live in a township and don't pay for the use of the park or pavilions...
Do you nail banners up, use their electric, set up grills under the pavilions, and rearrange the tables?
Would they just let you do all that for free? And wipe down the tables and empty the trash the day of your event?

You get the place and arrange for the caterer, and we'll bring the speakers and banners
We need three pavilions, just like you saw down here, or one REALLY BIG one, for the second weekend in August

Can we count on you?
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Chuck wrote:
carmen fovozzo wrote:I live in a township and don't pay for the use of the park or pavilions...
Do you nail banners up, use their electric, set up grills under the pavilions, and rearrange the tables?
Would they just let you do all that for free? And wipe down the tables and empty the trash the day of your event?

You get the place and arrange for the caterer, and we'll bring the speakers and banners
We need three pavilions, just like you saw down here, or one REALLY BIG one, for the second weekend in August

Can we count on you?

How big of a pavilion do you need?
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Brian D. wrote:Hopefully Chuck or Schmieg or another OFCC'er familiar with Picnic prep will be able to enlighten us about the park we use, including how user fees work?
We pay for three shelters, and get four to use. The fourth one is across the way, on the other side of the restrooms from where we are a couple hundred yards further along. I feel that since we have guns they won't rent that fourth shelter anyway, so they just throw it in.

We reserve it on the first business day after the first of the year, usually, so we can have it when we want it.
We have discussed moving it to different locals, but this one is central to the state, has a cool name, 'Liberty Park" and it took quite a battle to get them to allow us there in the first place.
For those reasons, we like the place, but if Carmen can get us a similar set up for FREE, I think the organization will go for it
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

TJW815 wrote: How big of a pavilion do you need?
At least a hundred people under roof for the speaking portion, plus room to cook and set up the food lines, and room to set up sign in and registration.
We need electric for all three locations
Ain't activism fun?

JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

For those curious what we pay... here's the park's fee schedule...

http://www.libertytwp.org/Downloads/Fee ... 202015.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We slide by as an organization under 100 and since we don'y know anyone that lives in Powell as a resident, we pay non-resident. Those fees are also per shelter. So you do the math.

As Chuck has said, if someone can find a location with the amenities close to central Ohio and cheaper go for it. But I tried a few years ago and never succeeded.

And as Chuck said, reserving pavilions generally costs money. Walk-on is free, but DOES NOT guarantee use.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.