Project Appleseed - New Philadelphia

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Birdman

Re: Project Appleseed - New Philadelphia

Post by Birdman »

bamafan7, there is this for $30:
http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/ ... nt-n-slot/

You use a quick disconnect with it.....not included :(
“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds”-Sam Adams

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
- Mark Twain, Notebook, 1935
bamafan7

Post by bamafan7 »

Ya, I found that one. $45 to modify a MOE stock to work or $35 for a mil spec M4 stock. I'll probably just grab an M4 stock. The GI sling isn't something I would use for home defense anyhow.
"We must all fear evil men. But, there is another kind of evil which we must fear most…and that is the indifference of good men."
bonedude

Post by bonedude »

I don't know if you already fixed your stock issues, but I just did mine with a regular qd swivel and a thick zip tie.
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

I recommend a surplus US Army sleeping pad. You can get them for $5 to $8 at gunshows.
They are thick. You could lay one on gravel and be comfortable.
Add some "skateboard tape" by the elbow area if you wish.
The performance of this set up rivals commercial pads costing $100 or more. :)
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.