OFCC Sponsors TDI Knife Class in NE Ohio

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Daniel
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

OFCC Sponsors TDI Knife Class in NE Ohio

Post by Daniel »

Ohioans For Concealed Carry, in partnership with The Waverley Hunt Club is pleased to sponsor a Tactical Knife Combat training class by Tactical Defense Institute founder John Benner.

Add to your all around combat skills by training with the finest team of instructors in the State of Ohio. The knife can be effectively used by persons of any size or strength.

This practical course is designed for the individual carrying an edged weapon for personal defense. Many times the best defense is a good offense. Learn stance and movement, cutting patterns, deployment, tracking, targeting, block and deflections, and much more, including empty hand techniques. You will have an opportunity to spar with others, testing your skills, and participate in stress deployment and other drills necessary to achieve personal safety.

Since some form of edged weapon is legal almost everywhere, this course should be a priority – another part of TDI’s Total System of Personal Defense.

This class is open to members and family of Ohioans For Concealed Carry and the Waverley Hunt Club ONLY.

When: Saturday, Jan. 28 thru Sunday, Jan 29 9am-5pm
Where: Waverley Hunt Club, 6003 Townline Road 162, Wakeman, OH 44889

Class space is limited, so sign up today!
Daniel White
NRA Training Counselor
Northcoast Firearms Training

We must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless. - Jeff Snyder
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Are they gonna have a separate class for old, fat guys???

I can see me out there learning how to knife fight with some buck half my age... :roll:
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Petrofergov wrote:I can see me out there learning how to knife fight with some buck half my age...
Unfortunately, if you're ever wind up in a knife fight, it is very likely gonna be with some young buck half your age.

Better bring a gun....
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Daniel
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Daniel »

Never bring a gun to a close range knife fight.
Daniel White
NRA Training Counselor
Northcoast Firearms Training

We must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless. - Jeff Snyder
GWC

Post by GWC »

Bring a gun, a knife, and a big stick.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

And a bunch of friends...
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Safety Guy

Post by Safety Guy »

I haven't had any TDI knife, but I've gone through their Handgun Levels I to III and can highly recommend them.

Even if you don't carry a knife, or plan to use a blade for defensive purposes, you should study how they are used so you can better plan how to defend against them.

As noted, you also aren't going to be picking your attacker, or the place and time of assault, etc. You'll get what gets thrown at you and there ain't no "do overs."

Empty hand, knife, stick, gun. Ideally, they should all blend together into a coherent fighting system.

The key word is "fight." Not "gun," or "knife," etc. Learn how to "FIGHT." With anything and everything.

Yep, it's kinda inconvenient. Until you need it! :)

Karl
I WANT VERMONT! (OR "ALASKA")
That's FIRST AMENDMENT CRUSADER PIGLET!
Jronjakoh

Post by Jronjakoh »

I'll bring the wife! hahahaha

Hell i don't nee protection! i got the wife. THEN bring out the artillery