Party in the Park 2016

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Party in the Park 2016

Post by Chuck »

This years Party In The Park will be August 14 at Liberty Park in Powell Ohio

Cost will be $20 per person

More details to follow
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Brian D.

Re: Party in the Park 2016

Post by Brian D. »

Thanks, Chuck! 8) Always nice to get the date well ahead of time.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

I apologize for not posting this sooner
I am so far behind I need a flashlight to see my way out of this hole I'm in,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Just getting the date announced is plenty good enough for me right now. It so happens I'm off that day; when this falls on a work day it's not always easy making a shift trade on short notice.

********************************************************************************
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

I'm planning on being there....EARLY this time. Instead of get'in there an hour late like last year. :roll:

It will be my second PITP.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
burgman2170

Post by burgman2170 »

Thanks for the date! We shall be there from Cincinnati if nice on our bikes.
ulwbob
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by ulwbob »

Suggestion: Put a button on the home page or even a small banner to link to this thread. It took me 20 minutes of fumbling around the forums to find this thread. I guess if I logged in more frequently it wouldn't have taken me so long but I'll bet I am not the only guy who is wondering when the 2016 PIP is. Is it REALLY on a SUNDAY? I thought I remembered it being on Saturdays in years gone by. In any case with only just over two months some of us need specifics of time and date to plan other family activities so as to be able to attend PIP. Having it so late in August gets into being the day before school starts in some areas. Please make an official formal announcement on the front page asap.
Bob
Mason, Ohio
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

We alternate years.
Last years was a Saturday, and so will next year,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Do you have a starting time yet , Chuck ?
Darrel
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

ulwbob wrote:Suggestion: Put a button on the home page or even a small banner to link to this thread. It took me 20 minutes of fumbling around the forums to find this thread. I guess if I logged in more frequently it wouldn't have taken me so long but I'll bet I am not the only guy who is wondering when the 2016 PIP is. Is it REALLY on a SUNDAY? I thought I remembered it being on Saturdays in years gone by. In any case with only just over two months some of us need specifics of time and date to plan other family activities so as to be able to attend PIP. Having it so late in August gets into being the day before school starts in some areas. Please make an official formal announcement on the front page asap.
I made the thread a sticky. Hope that helps a little.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

3FULLMAGS+1 wrote:Do you have a starting time yet , Chuck ?
Set up commences whenever the first three or four people with good backs show up to move the picnic tables around a little bit, Darrel. Lunch time can vary but it's served up as soon as the caterers have it ready. Think the chow call was about 11:30 the last couple years.

Mike Schmieg seems to be the trail boss of this thing, I don't want to step on his or any other workers' toes here, just chiming in because I've been to all these Picnics so far. Other than the date and alternating Saturday/Sunday, they haven't changed much.

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I registered today, easy peasy even for a computer hating dolt like myself. Did make one mistake on the registration though, I think: In the box to choose my meal option, the default was "vegetarian" and I may have forgotten to change it to meatatarian.

Five and a half weeks out, how we lookin' for speakers, prizes, attendance, etc? As usual I'll bring some sort of donation for the prize table, I challenge other attendees to hunt up something from home, or hit a gun store clearance table, or maybe even get your friendly local shop to give a firearms-related donation. Logo ball caps, t-shirts, multitool/knife, box of ammunition, whatever.

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Garvas, Torok, speak up already! Morne? You alive?

3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

[quote="Brian D."]I registered today, easy peasy even for a computer hating dolt like myself. Did make one mistake on the registration though, I think: In the box to choose my meal option, the default was "vegetarian" and I may have forgotten to change it to meatatarian.

Five and a half weeks out, how we lookin' for speakers, prizes, attendance, etc? As usual I'll bring some sort of donation for the prize table, I challenge other attendees to hunt up something from home, or hit a gun store clearance table, or maybe even get your friendly local shop to give a firearms-related donation. Logo ball caps, t-shirts, multitool/knife, box of ammunition, whatever.[/quote/]

Where did you register or how?

I'm going and said so on OFCC's FB page but didn't register.
Darrel
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

OFCC main page. Click on the Picnic story, it will lead you to the registration. I'd rather hand someone a $20 bill at the park instead of using my credit card online, but this way the caterer has a head count beforehand.