CHL Classes In/Near Miami County?

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

CHL Classes In/Near Miami County?

Post by WY_Not »

Oldest daughter has expressed an interest in getting her CHL so... thought I'd see if any one had a class scheduled in the Miami County area; closer to Troy/Tipp area the better. If there is a listing of classes somewhere that I missed please point me in the right direction.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
boyscout

Re: CHL Classes In/Near Miami County?

Post by boyscout »

Check out Bill Martin at Defensive Training Solutions at 2855 Stone Cir Dr, Troy. I've been a fellow student in several training courses with him, and I've been impressed.
Boy Scout Leader
NRA Instructor - Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Muzzleloader, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside of the Home, Refuse to be a Victim
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Training Counselor
101st Airborne - Viet Nam 1968
merrell

Post by merrell »

Try 3G Tactical in Tipp City.
xd9allthetime

Post by xd9allthetime »

Olde English Outfitters has a pretty decent class offering and several for women only such as first time shooters and a ladies only CCW primarily taught by a lady instructor. So if she's more comfortable in that sort of setting there's an option for that. http://www.oeoutfitters.com/olde-englis ... urse-17237. That's where I sent my daughter.
Great minds think alike, unfortunately so do stupid ones...
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

So, for these three suggestions, have any of you taken the classes with them? Good? Bad? General impressions?

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post such info in the open.

Thanks.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

I know Bill Martin
While I have never taken a class from him I can testify to his character as a man,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)