Camp Perry Pop-up Pistol Match is March 26, 2016!

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Camp Perry Pop-up Pistol Match is March 26, 2016!

Post by JU-87 »

Hi all
Friends of Camp Perry (FOCP), ( http://www.friendsofcampperry.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;),said there would be a "Pop-up" Pistol, and Rifle Matches this spring, but there was no date on there website.
So I emailed them, and got this response:
The pop up Pistol match is March 26, 2016.
The contact email for FOCP is: reichmans@juno.com

I went to the Fall Rifle shoot, and had a GREAT time, I'll be there for this one. :D 8)
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Camp Perry Pop-up Pistol Match is March 26, 2016!

Post by djmac1964 »

They generally hold the pop up pistol match on Easter weekend, rifle match on Thanksgiving weekend, and a pistol match, and rifle match on labor day weekend.

Will have to try to make it up for that.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Looking forward to it!
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

Here's a video someone did of this event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbQ6CLutY6Q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:)
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

I will be there for sure!

All the best, Bob.
A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. -Thomas Jefferson

Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a freight train coming your way. -Metallica (No Leaf Clover)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

djmac1964 wrote:They generally hold the pop up pistol match on Easter weekend, rifle match on Thanksgiving weekend, and a pistol match, and rifle match on labor day weekend.

I don't recall a spring rifle match, if they added one great.
Black Rifles Matter
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

steves 50de wrote:
djmac1964 wrote:They generally hold the pop up pistol match on Easter weekend, rifle match on Thanksgiving weekend, and a pistol match, and rifle match on labor day weekend.

I don't recall a spring rifle match, if they added one great.
Labor Day is in Sept. ;)
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
cpg
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by cpg »

http://www.friendsofcampperry.org/PistolPopUp032616.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

8)
People say firearm owners are compensating for something.
I am compensating for being smaller and weaker than most criminals.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Thanks for the poster, I'll pass this on. I usually do just three relays, I may bring enough rounds to do many!

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

I wanted to revive this thread before the shoot this weekend.

I hope to see you guys there.

All the best, Bob.
A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine. -Thomas Jefferson

Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel is just a freight train coming your way. -Metallica (No Leaf Clover)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

I'm bringing at least two more with me to shoot as well.

3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

tbram88 wrote:I wanted to revive this thread before the shoot this weekend.

I hope to see you guys there.

All the best, Bob.
The last few shoots up there I didn't see you. So I will look out for you this time. :wink:
Black Rifles Matter
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Sure would be nice to see some of the Columbus crew show up for this Chuck, Aaron, Dave. :wink: :)
Black Rifles Matter
tbram88

Post by tbram88 »

well it was another beautiful day at camp Perry, and once again the tiny red and blue men lived to mock and scorn me.

My friend and I got there at 7:00 and were the second ones there. It was a little chilly but not bad at all, and they had the sign up trailer open so we were able to wait inside warm and cozy.
Signup started early and we were all set up by 7:30. We occupied lane 9 for the first nine relays, I shot relay 2, 4, 6, and 8 with my friend shooting 3, 5, 7, and 9.

There was a few problems with the 25 meter target on my lane, at first it did not stand up but that was fixed before the match strted. There were several times that target would not go down (no matter how many times I hit it). I also noticed on relay three lane 7 had several targets stay up.

The staff was quick to fix the problems and I had a great time (despite my terrible scores). I had been practicing my reloads and was pleased to see it pay off, my aim however was horrible.
My first two scores were ok 34, and 33 in spite of the sticky target. in relay 6 I had a malfunction that I could not clear resulting in a score of 21. On relay 8 I used my .45 and even with seven 7 shot mags I scored an ugly 15, I cant explain it, my reloads were fast I just couldnt hit anything.

It looked like a great turnout, there were a ton of people there including many female shooters. I had a great time and can not wait until labor day weekend to do it again.

All the best, Bob.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Good shootin'! Yes, the weather was awesome and the people friendly.

We got there about 8:15 and the line was long then, but not too long, a lot of people came after us. The ladies are wonderful at registration, but remind me of the sloths at the BMV in the movie Zootopia.

I had one magazine cause me troubles and that's when doubles came up and I missed scoring on five which gave me a 35. My next one was with my daughter helping with five revolvers. We didn't work well together on this and a couple of times I picked up an empty revolver so I scored a 29. The final time was on lane 4 and people watching stated I hit every target but scored only a 34. Oh well, it wasn't a competition and was a lot of fun!

A friend of mine shot well in the Marines and Police Academy but shot a 29 and a 33 in his first trip to Camp Perry. Another friend shot a 23 and a 31 with a lot of fun.

I look forward to next year!

3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George