Pistol pop-up shoot,Camp Perry, 9-5-2015!

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Pistol pop-up shoot,Camp Perry, 9-5-2015!

Post by JU-87 »

From the "Friends of Camp Perry" website:
"The FOCP Fall Pistol Shoot is ON!! Shoot is scheduled for Saturday, September 5th, 2015, Labor Day Weekend. This is the FOCP popup shoot, not the ORPA shoot and will be pistol only!. Registration starts at 0700, shooting to commence at 0900 and will run until there are no more shooters or 1600 (4PM) whichever comes first. The shoot will be held at the Combat Pistol Range at Camp Perry, in Port Clinton, OH. As usual, shooters will get 40 target exposures using amunition no larger than .45ACP and no smaller than .22LR.

NO RIFLE CALIBER FIREARMS WILL BE ALLOWED!!

Food and beverages will be available."
http://www.friendsofcampperry.org/Events.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Pistol pop-up shoot,Camp Perry, 9-5-2015!

Post by steves 50de »

i can't wait, now i have to figure out how to tell the wife i'am going shooting that day. I have my step sons wedding to attend at 5 pm that day. 8) I'll make it happen and see everyone up there. :wink:
Black Rifles Matter
Gary

Post by Gary »

Just told wife. I'll be there. :D
EChryst

Post by EChryst »

I put it on the calendar. I'll see how busy that weekend is (Labor Day)
-Erik
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Bummer, both my race horses will be racing at Richwood that day. :( Well, maybe I'll be lucky and they'll both go lame! :lol: Oops, I didn't just say that. :oops:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

No love for the rifle matches the next day huh? That kind of stinks. Loved going out there on Labor Day weekend and shooting both :(
Poop!
EChryst

Post by EChryst »

dan dan the XD40 man wrote:No love for the rifle matches the next day huh? That kind of stinks. Loved going out there on Labor Day weekend and shooting both :(
'
Whats the drive time? ish? And how long do you spend out there both days? Gauging time...
-Erik
dan dan the XD40 man

EChryst wrote:
dan dan the XD40 man wrote:No love for the rifle matches the next day huh? That kind of stinks. Loved going out there on Labor Day weekend and shooting both :(
'
Whats the drive time? ish? And how long do you spend out there both days? Gauging time...
Its an hour from here to Camp Perry. I get there early and leave when I'm done. I plan to make a day/weekend of it, lots of cool stuff out there to do and see.
Poop!
EChryst

Post by EChryst »

dan dan the XD40 man wrote:
EChryst wrote:
'
Its an hour from here to Camp Perry. I get there early and leave when I'm done. I plan to make a day/weekend of it, lots of cool stuff out there to do and see.
Cool. Maybe Crystal and I will make a weekend out of it. Theres for sure a rifle match the next day?
-Erik
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Pistol only.
This is the FOCP popup shoot, not the ORPA shoot and will be pistol only!.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
MPBill

Post by MPBill »

Plan on being there
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

I'm thinking about it.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

dan dan the XD40 man

EChryst wrote:
Cool. Maybe Crystal and I will make a weekend out of it. Theres for sure a rifle match the next day?
No rifle this year unfortunately. I shot my XD quite well last year at the pistol match, getting a 38/40 and a 40/40
Poop!
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

So who all is going this saturday :?: :mrgreen:
Black Rifles Matter
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

steves 50de wrote:So who all is going this saturday :?: :mrgreen:
Nobody. Next Saturday, maybe.