Any gun shows this weekend? (8/1-8/2)

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Any gun shows this weekend? (8/1-8/2)

Post by Brian D. »

Hi gang. Got he next couple days off and wondered if there were any gun shows in your part of Ohio ? I searched a couple of websites which list many shows and see nothing. But, those sites have been known to overlook some of the smaller or one-off events.

Normally I'd limit the question to SW Ohio but what the heck it's summer and a road trip isn't out of the question.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
gfrlaser

Re: Any gun shows this weekend? (8/1-8/2)

Post by gfrlaser »

I think Middleton has one every weekend. Not positive.
"The sins of the evil do not justify restricting the rights of the good"
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

gfrlaser wrote:I think Middleton has one every weekend. Not positive.
Thank you by the way. That would be a swap meet by the name of Schomy's, held every Saturday in the old Montgomery Ward store on University Blvd. It has changed ownership and locations a few times but has gone on forty years or so. Guns, knives , jewelry, but also a lot of flat out old junk.

There is also the Patriot Gun Show held at Treasure Aisles Flea Market near Monroe on Saturdays. But like Schomy's there's more chaff than wheat most times.

I was looking for a gen-u-ine gun show with a couple hundred tables or better. Not as many in the summer that's for sure. Anybody else?

********************************************************************************
BobK

Post by BobK »

Brian D. wrote:Normally I'd limit the question to SW Ohio but what the heck it's summer and a road trip isn't out of the question.
Brian D. wrote:I was looking for a gen-u-ine gun show with a couple hundred tables or better. Not as many in the summer that's for sure. Anybody else?
Can't help you this weekend, but when I lived in Central Ohio, the Johnstown Swap Meet was a great place to shop for guns and about anything else swappable.

Easily several hundred tables. This year it is Labor Day weekend (Sat-Sun-Mon).
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

BobK wrote:
Brian D. wrote:Normally I'd limit the question to SW Ohio but what the heck it's summer and a road trip isn't out of the question.
Brian D. wrote:I was looking for a gen-u-ine gun show with a couple hundred tables or better. Not as many in the summer that's for sure. Anybody else?
Can't help you this weekend, but when I lived in Central Ohio, the Johnstown Swap Meet was a great place to shop for guns and about anything else swappable.

Easily several hundred tables. This year it is Labor Day weekend (Sat-Sun-Mon).
Thanks BobK. Been to that twice through the years, but not lately. (Truthfully I tend to forget about it until Labor Day weekend is at hand.)

Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Haha, Bob, you say THIS year it is on Labor Day weekend...

Admittedly, I've only attended for about the last 5 years, but this gig is like 70yrs ongoing and if it hasn't ALWAYS been Lanor Day weekend, that is news to me.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
BobK

Post by BobK »

Sevens wrote:...if it hasn't ALWAYS been Lanor Day weekend, that is news to me.
Last time I went was either 2009 or 2010, and frankly I have a hard time remembering what I ate for dinner yesterday much less what weekend something was held a half decade ago. Consider my sentence as a variation on "hedging my bet". :lol: :lol:
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

BobK wrote: Last time I went was either 2009 or 2010, and frankly I have a hard time remembering what I ate for dinner yesterday...
Chili? Texas style chili? Isn't that what you have for dinner EVERY day, Bob? :mrgreen:

BobK

Post by BobK »

Brian D. wrote:Chili? Texas style chili? Isn't that what you have for dinner EVERY day, Bob? :mrgreen:
Hey, some nights are BBQ, other nights are Mexican! Last night was Tex-Mex. :lol:

Actually, one reason my wife is grateful that we moved to Texas is chili down here has no beans. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: