Cleveland Gun Buyback - August 22, 2015 - 9am to Noon

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pirateguy191

Re: Cleveland Gun Buyback - August 22, 2015 - 9am to Noon

Post by pirateguy191 »

Stick with us in Cleveland. We probably smell better. :wink:
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Those planning on buying Cigarettes for the ladies at the shelter in Cleveland, Remember the Cleveland buyback is in a different location this year. 45th and Chester at the new 3rd district station. It is NOT at 21st and Payne at the Old 3rd District station.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Sorry gang the car got mad and took my buyback cash. Nothing serious but I'm in a loaner until tomorrow sometime. Pushing friendship with my neighbor if I drove his ride to Cleveland and back although he says go right ahead.

Have a great morning of buying guns, and annoying leftwingnuts, and the cops of course. :mrgreen:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Bruenor wrote:Those planning on buying Cigarettes for the ladies at the shelter in Cleveland, Remember the Cleveland buyback is in a different location this year. 45th and Chester at the new 3rd district station. It is NOT at 21st and Payne at the Old 3rd District station.
I did some recon and it will be interesting to see how they set this up much more traffic on chester.

Breakfast 745 E 30 and st clair at the superior restaurant.
Black Rifles Matter
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Brian D. wrote:Sorry gang the car got mad and took my buyback cash. Nothing serious but I'm in a loaner until tomorrow sometime. Pushing friendship with my neighbor if I drove his ride to Cleveland and back although he says go right ahead.

Have a great morning of buying guns, and annoying leftwingnuts, and the cops of course. :mrgreen:
That's too bad Brian, was looking forward to seeing you. I know Carmen was, too. :wink:
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Off to see the wizards.

carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

pirateguy191 wrote:
Brian D. wrote:Sorry gang the car got mad and took my buyback cash. Nothing serious but I'm in a loaner until tomorrow sometime. Pushing friendship with my neighbor if I drove his ride to Cleveland and back although he says go right ahead.

That's too bad Brian, was looking forward to seeing you. I know Carmen was, too. :wink:
I was so busy at the store that if BRIAN did come in he would of had to take a number... :)
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
502ci
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by 502ci »

Bruenor wrote:Those planning on buying Cigarettes for the ladies at the shelter in Cleveland, Remember the Cleveland buyback is in a different location this year. 45th and Chester at the new 3rd district station. It is NOT at 21st and Payne at the Old 3rd District station.
We recently finished that building...I would have been working there today doing an extra but I did not get my message in time and they sent someone else...it would have been interesting to be in there while this was going on :D
Nothing to see here...move along.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Listening to 1100 AM this morning, news covered buy back (138ish guns collected, chief discussed an AK-47). But news coverage mentioned "OFCC and other groups set up down the street, offering cash for guns" too.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Pert near brand new HR 929 and a 1968 Colt Cobra. :wink:

curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Will the Colt be up for sale any time ?
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

At one point I had a Marlin Model 25 Bolt action .22 and a Sears 18" Coach Gun. Ended up selling the .22 to another buyer there for his son who was also present.

End of day I was 100.00 in gas card to the good for a pistol and $20.00 out of pocket with a coach gun in my posession. will have to see how well it cleans up with the Clenzoil and 0000 Steel wool.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Not ideal for interaction with the folks turning in the guns as it was drive up only. I managed to find a derringer in 38 spl for cheap. Not as good as last year but better than nothing.
Black Rifles Matter
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

I listened to 1100 this morning and the chief talk about the "high capacity AK-47 that shoots a large caliber bullet" "Glad to have that off the street."

Too bad I was driving on I90 at the time with an accident up ahead and I needed to concentrate or my laughing would've had my truck and horse trailer all over the freeway! :lol:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Javelin Man wrote:I listened to 1100 this morning and the chief talk about the "high capacity AK-47 that shoots a large caliber bullet" "Glad to have that off the street."

Too bad I was driving on I90 at the time with an accident up ahead and I needed to concentrate or my laughing would've had my truck and horse trailer all over the freeway! :lol:
Had I known you'd deliver that free fertilizer to Cleveland, I would have called you years ago :oops:
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member