2015 Party In The Park

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: 2015 Party In The Park

Post by schmieg »

dan dan the XD40 man wrote:I will have some holsters and belts with me for viewing/purchase/etc...

hit me up :mrgreen:
How's the one I ordered from you coming?
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

Well if the PITP was Sunday instead of Saturday I could have brought it with me.
Poop!
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

dan dan the XD40 man wrote:Well if the PITP was Sunday instead of Saturday I could have brought it with me.
It's on Sunday next year, but I don't want to wait that long.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
wkdravenna

Post by wkdravenna »

I really love party in the park. I love spending time saying hello to everyone.

I like giving out the toys to the kids and stuff but unfortunately I've been pretty sick this week including a short stay at the hospital. Unfortunately I don't think I am in good enough condition to come. Its pretty disappointing but I don't think its a good idea that I come. The worst part would be to see cheese burgers and not be able to have one. I am just sad but I think its for the best that I don't come I need to rest. So yeah I am really sad and disappointed I don't feel well enough to come.

That pretty much means I was guaranteed at winning a big prize in my mind since I can't make it now. I'd just request someone eat a cheeseburger in my honor I'd love to but can't. Anyways hope its a great party and bummer I can't see hickock45 too.
My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - JFK
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

wkdravenna wrote:I really love party in the park. I love spending time saying hello to everyone.

I like giving out the toys to the kids and stuff but unfortunately I've been pretty sick this week including a short stay at the hospital. Unfortunately I don't think I am in good enough condition to come. Its pretty disappointing but I don't think its a good idea that I come. The worst part would be to see cheese burgers and not be able to have one. I am just sad but I think its for the best that I don't come I need to rest. So yeah I am really sad and disappointed I don't feel well enough to come.

That pretty much means I was guaranteed at winning a big prize in my mind since I can't make it now. I'd just request someone eat a cheeseburger in my honor I'd love to but can't. Anyways hope its a great party and bummer I can't see hickock45 too.
We missed you.
-- Mike

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

So how did everybody like the Party In The Park?
Did you enjoy Hickok 45?
How about the other speakers?

We'd like some feedback, please,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I enjoyed it Chuck, as always. Made a point of walking around to see who was there from the forums that I'd never met in person, rather than just hanging out with long time friends. Us "veterans" of many Picnics should try to do that every year.

The speakers were over all pretty good. Less of them than normal, but this is an off year in the election cycle, that's normal.

Food was good, plenty of prizes on the tables. Thanks to all who put this together and then run it annually.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

Had a great time at the PITP. Oinked it up with the tasty grilled sausages.
Got a chance to see Chuck again; always a pleasure.
Had a nice little talk with Werz. Wish there were more people, in positions of authority, with his view of the 2nd Amendment.
Nice to reminisce about the good old days, in the Collinwood and Euclid areas, with Mustang380gal.
Enjoyed meeting and talking to many of the people behind the forum names.
Hickok45 was just as entertaining in person as he is in all his videos.
Being a lover of all things two and three-wheeled, I enjoyed talking to the two fellow Burgman riders who rode up from Cincinnati. Their rides are set up real nice; the trike is a really nice conversion.
Went home with a new hat and t-shirt as prizes.
Thanks to all involved in putting the PITP together. Already looking forward to next year's event.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

I enjoyed this year's PITP. Thanks to all who worked hard to organize it. It was cool to meet Hickok45 and his eight foot tall son, John. Guest speakers like that can generate buzz and help more people interested.

As for suggestions and feedback, I think it needs to be more family and fun oriented. Last year I brought my wife and teenage kids. They all zoned out in five minutes because there was nothing to do. This year, I had no/zero/nada chance of bringing them with me because they had no interest in listening to us old angry guys yapping along for a while about things they aren't that interested in.

I guess I'm trying to say that the "party" aspect is sort of missing. Maybe some music, games, balloons, trap shooting, I don't know. I understand that it takes time, money, effort, etc. to put that sort of thing together, but I'm willing to help. Yes, I enjoy seeing my friends and laughing with you all. Maybe getting Blackwing involved in having some shooting event there - it's just ten minutes away.

I want to get more people involved, not just the same people again and again.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

I thought the speakers were very good this year. Meeting Hickok45 and Big John was a blast and the Apple Seed history/heritage speech was excellent.
sd790 wrote: I guess I'm trying to say that the "party" aspect is sort of missing. Maybe some music, games, balloons, trap shooting, I don't know. I understand that it takes time, money, effort, etc. to put that sort of thing together, but I'm willing to help. Yes, I enjoy seeing my friends and laughing with you all. Maybe getting Blackwing involved in having some shooting event there - it's just ten minutes away.

I want to get more people involved, not just the same people again and again.
That's a good point. I brought my family who were mostly able to keep entertained. The kids always enjoy a good playground, but some structured activities for kids might be something to consider.

I'm not sure about the legalities of doing a shooting event at Liberty park, I can only imagine how difficult that could be... Still, perhaps something with air rifles may be possible?
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Klingon00 wrote:I'm not sure about the legalities of doing a shooting event at Liberty park, I can only imagine how difficult that could be... Still, perhaps something with air rifles may be possible?
Without looking them up, it would be a high percentage bet to wager that Liberty Township has park rules prohibiting discharge of a firearm, air gun, etc. with the usual exceptions for self defense, use at a dedicated range facility, etc. of course. As we all know from these forums it would be nigh onto impossible to find a municipal, township, county or state park that doesn't have said regulations.

********************************************************************************
burgman2170

Post by burgman2170 »

I thought the Party in the Park last year was a great event one I never been to before but will go back this year. It as an honor to meet Hickok45 and Big John and to meet many of the people that attended. My buddies and I rode up on motorcycles from Cincinnati a nice ride on a great day. They were impressed and two of there wines now have their license to carry and bought 9mm guns.

When is the Party in the Park this year for 2016. I'm going to invite more people from Cincinnati to join us and donate to this organization.

Thanks
Les
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Stay tuned, Les. Much planning goes into the Picnic, and scheduling is more of a challenge in election years. We want speakers who are running or rerunning for office, so great effort is expended trying to get them to put us on their agenda. And of course we don't want to overlook the gun rights spokespersons either.

Edit: By "we", not trying to infer that I play any sort of important role, sorry. In the past I did bring the "my name is" stickers, but now just try to arrive early enough to help with set up a little.

schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Brian D. wrote:Stay tuned, Les. Much planning goes into the Picnic, and scheduling is more of a challenge in election years. We want speakers who are running or rerunning for office, so great effort is expended trying to get them to put us on their agenda. And of course we don't want to overlook the gun rights spokespersons either.

Edit: By "we", not trying to infer that I play any sort of important role, sorry. In the past I did bring the "my name is" stickers, but now just try to arrive early enough to help with set up a little.
And your help is greatly appreciated.
-- Mike