2015 Party In The Park

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BobK

Re: 2015 Party In The Park

Post by BobK »

JustaShooter wrote:
schmieg wrote:
JustaShooter wrote:I did not log in, I just went to the registration page from the main OFCC page, selected 2 adults to register my guest and his wife, filled out the info with his name and my email and address, and tried to register, and it would not let me.
The problem is likely related to using your email address with someone else's name.
That may be (and I kind of figured it was because I had already registered under my email address), but surely there is a way to do this.
Why not just go to google/yahoo/live or free email provider of choice? Setup a different email account and make it forward all emails to your current account?
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Don't know about now, but a few weeks ago Home Road was closed for construction between U.S. 23 and Ohio 315. Might want to check county engineers websites (Delaware or maybe Franklin Co.) for current conditions if planning on coming into Liberty Park from U.S. 23.

Plenty of alternate routes to use up that way.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
centermass

Post by centermass »

Anyone in the Toledo area need a ride? I'm by myself so there's a seat or two vacant.
Thy rod and thy staff and thy .357, they comfort me.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

We're running close to the picnic now. Hickock45 will be there and there will be an Appleseed presentation as well as other speakers of interest. If you are coming and haven't registered, please do so now so we can give the caterer a correct number by Monday. Waiting and buying your ticket(s) at the door could result in a shortage of food and no one would be happy with that.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

For food ordering, please add 1 more adult attendee for me (brings total to 4) and I will pay at the door for the extra person.

Will also be bringing two to four youths.
MyWifeSaidYes
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

Aesinsp wrote:Tickets purchased for myself & guest.. My wife has been traveling so much lately for work, I don't know if she'll be available.
Attendance is now looking slim at best for me. Turns out the 15 is moving day into Athens for our 3rd year Engineering Major.
For anyone who's not been to a PITP - you wouldn't regret going. It's a great time.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Is the address for the park 2845 Home Rd, Powell, 43065?

I want to make sure I go to the right place.

I am looking forward to meeting more of you in person, and seeing those I have met.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Mustang380gal wrote:Is the address for the park 2845 Home Rd, Powell, 43065?

I want to make sure I go to the right place.

I am looking forward to meeting more of you in person, and seeing those I have met.
That's correct.
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Brian D. wrote:Don't know about now, but a few weeks ago Home Road was closed for construction between U.S. 23 and Ohio 315. Might want to check county engineers websites (Delaware or maybe Franklin Co.) for current conditions if planning on coming into Liberty Park from U.S. 23.

Plenty of alternate routes to use up that way.
Is there still construction here?

Can someone give a good alternative for someone coming on 71 south?
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
centermass

Post by centermass »

I have to work and can't go, so if my admission is transferable help yourself.
Thy rod and thy staff and thy .357, they comfort me.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Mustang380, I don't know if that construction on Home Rd. is finished yet. Ohio 315 south runs off of US 23 just south of Delaware proper, and follows the Olentangy River for several miles in scenic fashion. Get to Home Rd. and turn right the park entrance will be on your left after you cross Liberty Rd.

Sounds like we're having a good turnout Saturday. I hope someone brings "Hello my name is.." stickers to make meeting new friends easier. (I used to handle that task but have since turned it over to Top Brass.)
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Brian D. wrote:Mustang380, I don't know if that construction on Home Rd. is finished yet. Ohio 315 south runs off of US 23 just south of Delaware proper, and follows the Olentangy River for several miles in scenic fashion. Get to Home Rd. and turn right the park entrance will be on your left after you cross Liberty Rd.

Sounds like we're having a good turnout Saturday. I hope someone brings "Hello my name is.." stickers to make meeting new friends easier. (I used to handle that task but have since turned it over to Top Brass.)
Clarification: if you take 315 from the south to Home Road, turn left. If coming from the north, turn right.

The park website says that the construction at the park has been completed, but I haven't been able to get any calls back yet regarding the status of Home Road.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Liberty Township just got back to me and Home Road is open between 315 and the park. There is still construction there, but traffic flows. There is a stop and go light at one point, but that's it.
-- Mike

Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Werz »

Any current estimates on attendance?
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

I will have some holsters and belts with me for viewing/purchase/etc...

hit me up :mrgreen:
Poop!