OFCC is Looking for Input

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JediSkipdogg

Re: OFCC is Looking for Input

Post by JediSkipdogg »

curmudgeon3 wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:
curmudgeon3 wrote:How about Jeff Garvas ....... he could update us on the current status of OFCC.ORG and what his thoughts are on the future of RKBA/Ohio, etc. in the future.
You'd pay to see that? :lol:
You get my point.
And FYI...he does that for free every year at the Party in the Park.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

Can't believe I forgot to list the Motor City Madman, Ted Nugent!

Also like the idea of Colion Noir, maybe he could come with his NOIR Co-Host as well, Amy Robbins?
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
synack2

Post by synack2 »

Can we invite Mayor Bloomberg? I would pay money and bring popcorn to see him in a room with all of us ;)

Seriously, I would love to see a presentation from that Masad Ayoob guy. I like watching a lot of his stuff on youtube.
Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper
CroManGun
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by CroManGun »

Hickok45! He's got some great shooting videos.
Genuine Scooter Trash
Member: NRA/OFCC/AAA/GER/AFG
Former Member: Amish Chippendales
I Am Not A Lawyer, But I Have Played One In Real Life
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

CroManGun wrote:Hickok45! He's got some great shooting videos.
But would he be a great person standing in front of a room of 100-200 people? I love his videos, just curious on his lecturing for a while without demoing anything.

http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
BobK

Post by BobK »

John Ross on "The Gun Culture".

For those who do not know him, he wrote the classic Unintended Consequences.

He also has the "The John Ross/Performance Center .500 S&W Magnum" created and sold to his specifications. The guy is a serious shooter.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
CroManGun wrote:Hickok45! He's got some great shooting videos.
But would he be a great person standing in front of a room of 100-200 people? I love his videos, just curious on his lecturing for a while without demoing anything.
He's appearing at a northern Kentucky gun store a couple of Saturdays from now, and the place doesn't have a range. So I figure he must have enough interesting stuff to say that he can make an event out of it. I have a conflict that day or I'd be there to see for myself.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

JediSkipdogg wrote:I am doing some research and would like the help of all OFCC Members. As some of you know, our competition regularly has speakers that people can attend and gather valuable information from. I would like to branch into that area and see who the people of OFCC would be most interested in seeing. Feel free to list as many people as you want and why you think they would be a good speaker. Obvious preference would be for them to be firearm/self-defense related, but not a requirement.

The event would most likely be held in Columbus to be central to the state and take place over a Saturday morning/afternoon.

Thanks for your help.

List of ideas...

Massad Ayoob

<snip>
Some "other" organization already has him lined up for later this year. :|
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

Tru-Heathen wrote: Some "other" organization already has him lined up for later this year. :|
So we have him in Ohio twice! Once down in Columbus and another time up north in Cleveland!
Dale
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

I doubt it would ever happen, but I'd like to have a 2A town hall meeting type thing with some of our state and federal pols.
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

Thought of some others I would pay to see.

Jerry Miculek
Julie Golob
Emily Miller
Katie Pavlich
Tori Nonaka (bring your daughters to meet a young woman who's been shooting since she was a young girl, maybe get 'em interested in the shooting sports)
Dale
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Bama.45 wrote:I doubt it would ever happen, but I'd like to have a 2A town hall meeting type thing with some of our state and federal pols.
Our yearly Picnic is what you're looking for. But even with much planning and prior notice, we can only get a limited number of the politicians to show up. Partiality because we have "only" a couple hundred attendees but mostly because we're not bringing the pols there to hand them $$$$.

********************************************************************************
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Brian D. wrote:
Bama.45 wrote:I doubt it would ever happen, but I'd like to have a 2A town hall meeting type thing with some of our state and federal pols.
Our yearly Picnic is what you're looking for. But even with much planning and prior notice, we can only get a limited number of the politicians to show up. Partiality because we have "only" a couple hundred attendees but mostly because we're not bringing the pols there to hand them $$$$.
It's always funny when we try to book them. We ask them early in the year and they say it's too early to ask and they tell us to ask around say the beginning of May or June. So we ask then, and somehow they are booked all weekend. Obviously we've had a few good ones, but I think if our picnic attendance was in the 300-400 then we'd have better odds of getting some of them. I'm just not sure how to draw that amount of people.

mreising

Post by mreising »

JediSkipdogg wrote: Obviously we've had a few good ones, but I think if our picnic attendance was in the 300-400 then we'd have better odds of getting some of them. I'm just not sure how to draw that amount of people.
Okay, in contradiction with my earlier post: Jeff Garvas and Jim Irvine mud wrestling. :)
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

mreising, wish I'd been in a bad mood today and desperately needed to laugh this hard about something. :lol: Right now it's drawing stares at the restaurant I'm in, which had been pretty quiet until my outburst. Oh well. :mrgreen: