OFCC is Looking for Input

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JediSkipdogg

Re: OFCC is Looking for Input

Post by JediSkipdogg »

mreising wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote: Obviously we've had a few good ones, but I think if our picnic attendance was in the 300-400 then we'd have better odds of getting some of them. I'm just not sure how to draw that amount of people.
Okay, in contradiction with my earlier post: Jeff Garvas and Jim Irvine mud wrestling. :)
Seriously? You come up with that? :roll:

I said I wanted attendance up, not down. So I say TacTissy and FateOfDestinee in a shooting competition that involves crawling through mud and ends with hand to hand combat. :mrgreen:
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

JediSkipdogg wrote:... I say TacTissy and FateOfDestinee in a shooting competition that involves crawling through mud and ends with hand to hand combat. :mrgreen:
I'll take them both on.

:shock: :oops: :P :wink: :mrgreen:
MyWifeSaidYes
EmeryE101

Post by EmeryE101 »

+1 for Emily Miller. I would pay to see her or even help pay expenses if someone gets to come to the Party in the Park.
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote:... I say TacTissy and FateOfDestinee in a shooting competition that involves crawling through mud and ends with hand to hand combat. :mrgreen:
I'll take them both on.

.... and it would resemble the scene in Stripes when John Candy takes on the team of mud wrestlers.
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

dl1911 wrote:Thought of some others I would pay to see.

Jerry Miculek
Julie Golob
Emily Miller
Katie Pavlich
Tori Nonaka (bring your daughters to meet a young woman who's been shooting since she was a young girl, maybe get 'em interested in the shooting sports)
I've got a thing for Katie Pavlich.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

OldManTod wrote:
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
I'll take them both on.

.... and it would resemble the scene in Stripes when John Candy takes on the team of mud wrestlers.
That was a 6-on-1 situation...so we'd have to add Emily Miller, Julie Golub, Katie Pavlich and Tori Nonaka. :twisted:

Have I got a sick, twisted mind?

That's the fact, Jack !!
MyWifeSaidYes
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

And while he's not really 'firearms' related, this guy IS for hire:

Darth Vader wearing a kilt and playing the theme from Star Wars on bagpipes that shoot flames while riding a unicycle.

Why?

Because...

'Merica !!

8)
MyWifeSaidYes
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:And while he's not really 'firearms' related, this guy IS for hire:

Darth Vader wearing a kilt and playing the theme from Star Wars on bagpipes that shoot flames while riding a unicycle.

Why?

Because...

'Merica !!

8)

Would probably need a permit for the flaming bagpipe... :shock:
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

I'm necroing this. :)

I'd like to put in a vote for Jared Reston.

http://www.policemag.com/channel/patrol ... -2008.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Among the many awards and recognitions Det. Jared Reston received for his heroic actions that day: The State of Florida Law Enforcement Officer of the Year; the National Police Hall of Fame and Museum National Officer of the Year; and Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Officer of the Year. He continues to serve Jacksonville County.
He was also awarded the President of the United States “Medal of Valor” and the Fraternal Order of Police’s "Florida Police Officer of the Year."

Here's a 10-minute video that I promise you is worth watching for the mindset education alone. This guy just said "no, I'm not dying here," and fought through that [expletive].

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Pj1-Iw-X8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He currently heads up - http://www.restongrouptraining.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd love to have him in for not only range training, but also a speaking engagement.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

2nd on John Ross

How about Msgt. Kyle Lamb?
I attended a seminar of his titled:" How to not just SURVIVE, but THRIVE in a gunfight." At the NRA Annual Meeting in Nashvill, TN in 2015.
It was free, but I would have paid $40 gladly if I had to.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

Dana Loeshe...
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY
landrvrnut22

Post by landrvrnut22 »

Dave Grossman and his associate Jimmy Meeks of Sheepdog Seminars. While they mostly stress safety and security in the church, a lot of what they say applies to general carry.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

gaptrick wrote:Dana Loeshe...
I met Dana, Dana is hot.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB