OFCC is Looking for Input

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JediSkipdogg

OFCC is Looking for Input

Post by JediSkipdogg »

I am doing some research and would like the help of all OFCC Members. As some of you know, our competition regularly has speakers that people can attend and gather valuable information from. I would like to branch into that area and see who the people of OFCC would be most interested in seeing. Feel free to list as many people as you want and why you think they would be a good speaker. Obvious preference would be for them to be firearm/self-defense related, but not a requirement.

The event would most likely be held in Columbus to be central to the state and take place over a Saturday morning/afternoon.

Thanks for your help.

List of ideas...

Massad Ayoob
Kathy Jackson (the Cornered Cat)
Gabby Franco
Colion Noir
TacTissy
FateOfDestinee
Greg Ellifritz
Dave Spaulding
Clay Smith
David Bowie
John Benner
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
curmudgeon3

Re: OFCC is Looking for Input

Post by curmudgeon3 »

How about Jeff Garvas ....... he could update us on the current status of OFCC.ORG and what his thoughts are on the future of RKBA/Ohio, etc. in the future.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

curmudgeon3 wrote:How about Jeff Garvas ....... he could update us on the current status of OFCC.ORG and what his thoughts are on the future of RKBA/Ohio, etc. in the future.
You'd pay to see that? :lol:

http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

Some people that come to mind quickly for me would be

Massad Ayoob
Kathy Jackson (the Cornered Cat)
Gabby Franco

Will add more later as I think of them.
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Colion Noir

TacTissy

FateOfDestinee
MyWifeSaidYes
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Greg Ellifritz. Very impressive resume.

http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/i ... ing-resume" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Somebody (like Greg Ellifritz, mentioned above) who works at/for TDI. Dave Spaulding, Clay Smith, David Bowie, maybe John Benner himself. I'd rather the event be about firearms training rather than statehouse activism, unless we had some kind of whiz bang, full time paid lobbyist that had been kicking butt in Columbus these past dozen years. That's no offense to any and all from OFCC that volunteer to do such work from time to time.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
mreising

Post by mreising »

JediSkipdogg wrote: As some of you know, our competition regularly has speakers that people can attend and gather valuable information from. I would like to branch into that area and see who the people of OFCC would be most interested in seeing.
All good suggestions listed above. Now to my comment, which applies to both organizations: Can we please get over the rivalry between the two groups. I am aware of the history, and it is just that, HISTORY. This isn't a competition, we are all in the gun rights game, let's work together instead of apart. We will be lots more effective. Kumbaya and all that.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

mreising wrote:
JediSkipdogg wrote: As some of you know, our competition regularly has speakers that people can attend and gather valuable information from. I would like to branch into that area and see who the people of OFCC would be most interested in seeing.
All good suggestions listed above. Now to my comment, which applies to both organizations: Can we please get over the rivalry between the two groups. I am aware of the history, and it is just that, HISTORY. This isn't a competition, we are all in the gun rights game, let's work together instead of apart. We will be lots more effective. Kumbaya and all that.
Over Macho Grande? No, I'll never get over Macho Grande.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

mreising wrote:
Won't happen with the current OFCC Board of Directors.

If elections are held and we get a few new or different board members, we may be able to extend an olive branch.

Right now, some board members would rather burn that olive tree to the ground.
MyWifeSaidYes
tbrew85

Post by tbrew85 »

I know there is bad blood. I just don't know what its all about. I don't want to hijack this thread, but is there another thread that has discussed this?
Proud father of a US Army Soldier

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert Heinlein
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Some years ago there was an explanation thread about the rift but as memory serves it omitted as much as it included.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
Won't happen with the current OFCC Board of Directors.

If elections are held and we get a few new or different board members, we may be able to extend an olive branch.

Right now, some board members would rather burn that olive tree to the ground.
Maybe they should retire.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

First post edited with all the names added. Let's try to keep this on topic, which seems to generally be why little ever gets accomplished.

As for the rivalry, we've tried to work together. I've reached out personally and the other organization wants nothing to do with OFCC. The only way I think the two will ever work together is removing the entire board of OFCC and replacing them with people that will be submissive to their ideas. I had contact with someone there during the HB203 fiasco and our opposition to it and the email blast we sent out really burnt them. They simply wanted us to show full support for HB203 from day one. Sorry, it was bad from day one. You can't fix stuff like that.

curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

JediSkipdogg wrote:
curmudgeon3 wrote:How about Jeff Garvas ....... he could update us on the current status of OFCC.ORG and what his thoughts are on the future of RKBA/Ohio, etc. in the future.
You'd pay to see that? :lol:
You get my point.