Work a gun show, get entered to win a gun!

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Work a gun show, get entered to win a gun!

Post by Stryker74 »

Attention all current and potential gun show volunteers!

After some discussion within the coordinator team and approval from the Board of Directors, I am please to announce the first part of an incentive plan for those who volunteer at the gun shows. Starting with the Columbus show this weekend (Feb 28 - Mar 1, 2015), we will be tallying entries for persons who volunteer at the gun show to be put into a drawing for a gun at Party in the Park this August!

Here are the ground rules for getting entries into the drawing:
  1. For each day that you work a table at a gun show for OFCC, you will be awarded 1 entry into the drawing. A day is defined as a minimum of 4 hours working at the table. This will be reported to the Gun Show chairman by each gun show leader. The reports from the gun show leader will be notated by the Gun Show chairman. Those reports will be considered to be the official record.
  2. There are no limits to how many entries you can earn into the drawing. The entries will be valid until the scheduled day of Party in the Park, when the drawing will be held. After each year that a gun is awarded, all previous entries will be voided. Volunteers will begin to accumulate new entries by volunteering at gun shows after the date of Party in the Park.
  3. Directors and Coordinators are not elegible for this drawing. Their names will not be entered into the drawing, regardless of the number of shows that they work. This is for the hard working volunteers.
  4. The OFCC Board of Directors will purchase a gun to be presented at Party in the Park. The gun presented will be the choice of the Board of Directors. The drawing will be performed by a member of the Board of Directors at Party in the Park. If a member of the Board of Directors is not available, then a random coordinator will be chosen to draw at that time.
  5. There are no retroactive entries on the books. This is a clean slate from this point forward (as noted by the date stamp on this post), until this years Party in the Park.
  6. The winner will not need to be present at Party in the Park to win, but it is encouraged so that the appropriate background checks can be performed by our onsite FFL at Party in the Park.
  7. Edit to add: No one under the age of 21 is eligible to be entered into the drawing. This is to make sure that we comply with all state and federal gun laws if the Board of Directors decides to award a handgun. No one under the age of 18 will be considered a volunteer for working at the table. If you bring a minor child with you, that is great - I think children should have many experiences in their lives to help shape them. But, they are not eligible for any of the incentives being offered by OFCC.
This means that if you are a show leader that works both days for the minimum time - you will have 2 entries awarded per gun show!

If you are a volunteer that works the table for the minimum time both days of a show - you will have 2 entries awarded per gun show!

This is one of the ways that OFCC wants to reward the hard work of the volunteers that actively help the organization. So, come on out and help us work the gun shows!

If there are any questions about this program, please feel free to send me a PM. If there is clarification needed, I will post such in this thread.

Want to volunteer? See the link at the bottom of my signature.

Want to lead a new gun show? Please PM me!

Oh... and this is not the only incentive. We are working on additional incentives beyond just the drawing. Those will be announced very soon!
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Work a gun show, get entered to win a gun!

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Do we get extra hazardous points for working with guys like Steve and Chuck ? :D
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Do we get extra hazardous points for working with guys like Steve and Chuck ? :D

Sorry - no hazard points will be awarded.

(Funny story - Steve and Don asked the same about working with you! :lol: )
Aaron

NRA Range Safety Officer

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Drawing for a free gun ?!?!?!

That sounds like a reason to bring the wife with me when I work the table. :P
MyWifeSaidYes
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Drawing for a free gun ?!?!?!

That sounds like a reason to bring the wife with me when I work the table. :P

So long as she is willing to work the table - bring her along!

Although the work is not hard, we do expect volunteers to work. We want you to engage with people, help with information/questions, and the like. We have a fun time (as MWSY knows!), so it doesn't always feel like work - but we do expect more than just stopping by to hang out.
Aaron

NRA Range Safety Officer

steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Do we get extra hazardous points for working with guys like Steve and Chuck ? :D
Can someone put something in the rules that if you are to old you can't win the gun either . :)
Black Rifles Matter
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

steves 50de wrote:
Can someone put something in the rules that if you are to old you can't win the gun either . :)

That would narrow the field considerably I bet :shock: ... :lol:
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Final Entry Tally for Gun Show Volunteers!

This drawing was announced on February 25, 2015. Since that time, the following gun shows have been held:

Feb 28/Mar 1 - Westland Mall in Columbus

Mar 14/15 - Medina Gun Show

April 25/26 - Westland Mall in Columbus

June 13/14 - Medina Gun Show

As of this posting, there are no further guns shows planned prior to PITP.

I have the following tally for the days worked at these gun shows as follows:

Kevin N. - 4 total days
MWSY - 4 total days
JustaShooter - 2 total days
dl1911 - 2 total days
steves 50de - 2 total days
Chris K. - 3 total days {Edit: Changed from 2 days to 3 days total. My count was off - Stryker74}

Chuck, Morne, and myself all worked various shows - but we will not be entered into the drawings as originally stated.

If anyone feels that there is a discrepancy in the total days they worked at the above gun shows, please send me a PM.
Aaron

NRA Range Safety Officer

steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Stryker74 wrote:Final Entry Tally for Gun Show Volunteers!

This drawing was announced on February 25, 2015. Since that time, the following gun shows have been held:

Feb 28/Mar 1 - Westland Mall in Columbus

Mar 14/15 - Medina Gun Show

April 25/26 - Westland Mall in Columbus

June 13/14 - Medina Gun Show
As of this posting, there are no further guns shows planned prior to PITP.

I have the following tally for the days worked at these gun shows as follows:

Kevin N. - 4 total days
MWSY - 4 total days
JustaShooter - 2 total days
dl1911 - 2 total days
steves 50de - 2 total days
Chris K. - 2 total days

Chuck, Morne, and myself all worked various shows - but we will not be entered into the drawings as originally stated.

If anyone feels that there is a discrepancy in the total days they worked at the above gun shows, please send me a PM.
You forgot to mention don worked the gun shows also. :wink:
Black Rifles Matter
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

Coords are not entered in this drawing. It was discussed, and decided before it was ever announced. :wink:
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

djmac1964 wrote:Coords are not entered in this drawing. It was discussed, and decided before it was ever announced. :wink:
True - but thank you steves 50de for catching my oversight. Yes - djmac1964 has been a huge help at the shows! He just doesn't get a chance to win this gun!
Aaron

NRA Range Safety Officer

Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

And the winner is....

Kevin N.!

One of his tickets was drawn out yesterday at PITP to win a new S&W M&P Shield that was exclusively for gun show volunteers.
Aaron

NRA Range Safety Officer