OFCC's Annual Fun n Gun Fund Raiser (2015) Sat. May 2nd

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pirateguy191

Re: OFCC's Annual Fun n Gun Fund Raiser (2015) Sat. May 2nd

Post by pirateguy191 »

MPBill wrote:This was my first Fun 'n Gun. What a fantastic time I had. Met lots of great guys & gals who LOVE to shoot the bad guy. Can't wait till next year; I'll be honing my skills between now and then. Thanks to all who orchestrated this event. Now all we've got to do is to train Steve to hold off a bit before shooting the poor guy trying to sell him a dress; actually Steve would look good in that color. :D :D
For one, you'll have to travel to Cincy next year. They alternate Rochester Gun Club and TDI. Second, was Chuck trying to sell him a dress? I think I would shoot him too. Hi, Bill.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Terrific shooting day! The weather was perfect, lots of skilled shooters, nobody in our group was any manner of unsafe and we had a blast. Fun shooting stages and lunch was a real feast.

OFCC staff did a heckuva job to put this together and from my view, it ran smooth as silk. Thanks, folks!
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

NavyChief wrote:Did anyone leave today with one less M&P9c mag than they showed up with? I'm up one, and while I'm cool with that, I'm pretty sure they didn't breed in my range box...

PM me and I'll drop it in the mail.
Owner ID'd.
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

pirateguy191 wrote:
MPBill wrote:This was my first Fun 'n Gun. What a fantastic time I had. Met lots of great guys & gals who LOVE to shoot the bad guy. Can't wait till next year; I'll be honing my skills between now and then. Thanks to all who orchestrated this event. Now all we've got to do is to train Steve to hold off a bit before shooting the poor guy trying to sell him a dress; actually Steve would look good in that color. :D :D
For one, you'll have to travel to Cincy next year. They alternate Rochester Gun Club and TDI. Second, was Chuck trying to sell him a dress? I think I would shoot him too. Hi, Bill.
Actually, TDI is about 80 miles east of Cincinnati. That's okay pirateguy, I tend to lump destinations in NE Ohio the same way in my mind, even if they're as far apart as like Youngstown and Avon Lake. "I don't know, somewhere up there by Cleveland" is my less than accurate go to answer way too often.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
MPBill

Post by MPBill »

Where's the video of Steve taking out the dress peddler??
sd790
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sd790 »

MPBill wrote:Where's the video of Steve taking out the dress peddler??
Here was the best memory of the entire day. I think I belly-laughed about this all the way home.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
MPBill

Post by MPBill »

As a good friend of Steve's I know this is his mindset .... he refuses to be a victim!!
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

now I know what it is like to be hunted lol
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

You ought to!
As soon as I said go he drew his gun and went looking for you,,,,
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is the link to ALL of Stryker's pics and videos from the event
They haven't been cut nor edited in any way.
Enjoy!
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Jake wrote:now I know what it is like to be hunted lol
I watched the video and my side is hurting from laughing so hard .

Thanks jake,chuck and everyone who worked hard to put this event together can't wait for next years fun and gun.
Black Rifles Matter
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

Amongst lessons learned from this past Saturday - we (and by "we" I mean "me") are often not nearly as tacticool as we think we are...

"Anything worth shooting is worth shooting a LOT"
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

What? C'mon, that was a good run. And IIRC, your goal in that run was to rid yourself of a box of Wolf CommiePerformance ammo. And you did that it, and it all ran pretty well!
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

Yeah, it was good run. All hits. It's just that the video evidence doesn't quite support the - "smoothness" - I perceived in my mind as I was doing it. (And it was actually the Freedom Munitions I was burnin' up, I used the G19 to burn up the Wolf)